B.C. /T.O. Calg/Sask

Mark F

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

I was worried when Mitchell wasn't playing that this might happen. Team looked like we let our guard down.  Elimimium was bad. Means got picked on all night in the secondary adding many more question marks as to how he made the team. Arbuckle played ok, what was happening more was they dumped the ball when the pressure came. He was poised and ready for the heat. Attendance was 29100, but looked like about 26k in the building. I was surprised and disappointed about that. Fajardo played ok, he got pressure. He tried to force some passes that simply we not there, rookie mistake. I'm sticking with him at qb without any question.  To sum up game in one sentence, One brother absolutely schooled the other in coaching. Which concerns me more than any single play that happened on the field. I haven't read all the comments , Likely most not worth it,  we lost, is what it is I guess

How anyone could look at the performances of Arbuckle and Fajardo last night and determine that both were "ok" baffles me. After your deluge of douchey comments about Nichols, 9/15 for 89 yards, 0 TDs, and 2 INTs passes for "ok" in your books? Coming from someone who claims to be really hard on his own team? Get the **** out of here.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

I was worried when Mitchell wasn't playing that this might happen. Team looked like we let our guard down.  Elimimium was bad. Means got picked on all night in the secondary adding many more question marks as to how he made the team. Arbuckle played ok, what was happening more was they dumped the ball when the pressure came. He was poised and ready for the heat. Attendance was 29100, but looked like about 26k in the building. I was surprised and disappointed about that. Fajardo played ok, he got pressure. He tried to force some passes that simply were not there, rookie mistake. I'm sticking with him at qb without any question.  To sum up game in one sentence, One brother absolutely schooled the other in coaching. Which concerns me more than any single play that happened on the field. I haven't read all the comments , Likely most not worth it,  we lost, is what it is I guess

Hey Ripper. I thought the Riders were going to pull off a win here given how Fajardo was playing, how good your defense CAN play, and being at home in front of that crowd. There seems to be something missing this year. Probably the Chris Jones effect and a couple pieces here and there.  Clearly things aren't quite as the last couple games have shown.

My opinion of the Riders to start the year was that they weren't going to be as good as last year, but then they won a couple of games and looked pretty decent doing it.  This certainly must be a let-down game for a lot of fans.  A lot of season left.  And that crossover will likely be open until the end.

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

I was worried when Mitchell wasn't playing that this might happen. Team looked like we let our guard down.  Elimimium was bad. Means got picked on all night in the secondary adding many more question marks as to how he made the team. Arbuckle played ok, what was happening more was they dumped the ball when the pressure came. He was poised and ready for the heat. Attendance was 29100, but looked like about 26k in the building. I was surprised and disappointed about that. Fajardo played ok, he got pressure. He tried to force some passes that simply were not there, rookie mistake. I'm sticking with him at qb without any question.  To sum up game in one sentence, One brother absolutely schooled the other in coaching. Which concerns me more than any single play that happened on the field. I haven't read all the comments , Likely most not worth it,  we lost, is what it is I guess

Announced as 29k but looked more like 26k...yeah, we know how your organization does it.

48 minutes ago, Bomberfan85 said:

How anyone could look at the performances of Arbuckle and Fajardo last night and determine that both were "ok" baffles me. After your deluge of douchey comments about Nichols, 9/15 for 89 yards, 0 TDs, and 2 INTs passes for "ok" in your books? Coming from someone who claims to be really hard on his own team? Get the **** out of here.

Nichols has been in league for 10 years. Do you expect a bit more from him than you do from the backup?  Fajardo's third start of his career, so ya ok was what I thought. A 10 year vet making 500k doesn't need a defense department, he has no excuse to not be playing well. 

34 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Hey Ripper. I thought the Riders were going to pull off a win here given how Fajardo was playing, how good your defense CAN play, and being at home in front of that crowd. There seems to be something missing this year. Probably the Chris Jones effect and a couple pieces here and there.  Clearly things aren't quite as the last couple games have shown.

My opinion of the Riders to start the year was that they weren't going to be as good as last year, but then they won a couple of games and looked pretty decent doing it.  This certainly must be a let-down game for a lot of fans.  A lot of season left.  And that crossover will likely be open until the end.

The coaching has been very weak.  Dickensen looks really over his head. Many believed the defense would be about the same. Shivers has looked very timid about bringing any pressure and it has really hurt us. 

I think it's the first time I can remember I've ever seen empty seats like that for the Riders (unless the seats were sold but didn't go). As much as I dislike and loathe the Riders, if attendance starts to wane with that fanbase, really not good for the CFL.

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Nichols has been in league for 10 years. Do you expect a bit more from him than you do from the backup?  Fajardo's third start of his career, so ya ok was what I thought. A 10 year vet making 500k doesn't need a defense department, he has no excuse to not be playing well. 

You are pure comedy. Fajardo is back to earth 

Fajardo played ok, he got pressure. He tried to force some passes that simply were not there, rookie mistake. I'm sticking with him at qb without any question. 

Hey Ripper, you seem to be much more generous in your assessment of your QB as opposed to when assessing our's.  Those so called rookie mistakes looked a lot more like "deer in the headlights bailouts".

30 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Announced as 29k but looked more like 26k...yeah, we know how your organization does it.

Announced 29 means that what was paid ticket count, might seem tricky for you because that never happens in your stadium. People here travel far to games so they buy in advance and don't always make it. 2 of our 6 tickets were empty yesterday but all 6 are paid for. Want me to get a graph for you so you can understand?

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think it's the first time I can remember I've ever seen empty seats like that for the Riders (unless the seats were sold but didn't go). As much as I dislike and loathe the Riders, if attendance starts to wane with that fanbase, really not good for the CFL.

It absolutely poured drain rain a couple hours before game, not sure if that effected anything. Its easy to watch it on tv these days. I don't know, I always like to go in person to watch

Edited by Ripper

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Announced 29 means that what was paid ticket count, might seem tricky for you because that never happens in your stadium. People here travel far to games so they buy in advance and don't always make it. 2 of our 6 tickets were empty yesterday but all 6 are paid for. Want me to get a graph for you so you can understand?

No, you dummies skew reality so why wouldn't you skew attendance numbers.s

Save your bullshit excuses and Rider logic

Youre all just the worst

Edited by Geebrr

as bad as fajardos stat line actually was, it probably should have been even worse!! guy was making terrible dangerous throws all night long. There is no way he played "OK" that the rest of the team played to his level doesn't absolve him of his shittiness. 

bottom line Riders are who we thought they were. A poor team that massively overachieved last season.

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

The coaching has been very weak.  Dickensen looks really over his head. Many believed the defense would be about the same. Shivers has looked very timid about bringing any pressure and it has really hurt us. 

you guys say this every year when you lose - always the coaches fault etc. IMHO I don't think your team has the talent to succeed. Your Oline is very suspect, The high dollar value players you recruited on defense so far have been a non factor. You do not have a qualified starting QB - whether Zack would have qualified as that we probably never will know. I put the blame for your poor start on your GM for his lousy recruiting in the off year. IMHO your team spent too much money on players that were past their best before date.

13 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Who buys a football ticket and doesn't go to the game lol....

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Who buys a football ticket and doesn't go to the game lol....

People who want to support the team and can't always make it. Its wanting to make sure there is a team there in the first place. A concept probably over your head if you had to ask in the first place

5 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Oh and just as we all suspected, Elimimian is well past the point of being done. He looked ancient out there. Next game, we will see the same out of Arceneaux. 

Solly was bad. Oh boy bad.  They moved Judge to WIL so Solly could play MLB, Judge has played good in the middle so far this year. So now they both played bad. Didn't like the Solly signing in the first place and now that I watched him play, Wow it really looks bad

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Solly was bad. Oh boy bad.  They moved Judge to WIL so Solly could play MLB, Judge has played good in the middle so far this year. So now they both played bad. Didn't like the Solly signing in the first place and now that I watched him play, Wow it really looks bad

I don’t necessarily blame O’Day. Name recognition is a huge part of player evaluation in the CFL. Walters has been guilty of it himself with guys like Romby Bryant. The Elimimian signing is eerily reminiscent of the Korey Banks signing years ago. Luckily, O’Shea realized he was done after TC and booted the bum.