B.C. /T.O. Calg/Sask

Mark F

3 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

This is why I was hoping this game would end up in a tie, to stop the Stamps from getting their mojo back.

I still think Arbuckle is overrated though and will buckle first time he faces a real defense.  He's not been tested at all yet.

Stamps in Hamilton next week, could be a good one, they don't face Edm. until week 8.

1 minute ago, Mr. Perfect said:

I agree to a point that it's early to get overly excited about Arbuckle, much for the same reasons for Fajardo and Davis (quality of opponents), but that said, when you look at his mechanics especially under pressure as well as the touch and accuracy on his passes, I like his chances of keeping the success going much more than Fajardo or Davis showed. Fools gold for the other two without question. For Arbuckle, I'm not so sure.

We know Arbuckle is getting superior coaching compared to the other 2. He has a former qb as a position coach, a former qb as an OC & HC & a former qb as GM.

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We know Arbuckle is getting superior coaching compared to the other 2. He has a former qb as a position coach, a former qb as an OC & HC & a former qb as GM.

And that's a huge part of it too, and why I think it's foolish for anyone to write off Calgary despite the Ottawa and BC games. They are so well coached. It's a long season. They'll figure it out

14 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Right....and the Bombers have a ST GM , a LB HC, and a QB coach who thought he was a LBer!

My point is Huff the Coach brought in his system. The one he won Grey Cups with when Flutie was his qb in the 90's. Then he taught that system to Dickenson, first as a player & then when he became an assistant coach under Huff. Dickenson learned the system & taught Bo Levi Mitchell. Then Dickenson became HC & brought in Ryan Dinwiddie & he taught Huff's system to Dinwiddie. Now Dinwiddie is teaching that system to Arbuckle & Cozart.  This system has been a part of the Stamps continuously since 2008. It teaches & develops qbs . No doubt Dave Dickenson has tinkered with it as he was OC under Huff but the system still is what it is. A winner. Non other team has had that kind of continuity with its coaching staff that Calgary has had.

I watched both games and my thoughts:

Toronto needs to fire the kicker, the special teams coach and Chamblin needs to get his shot together. They have had terrible special teams all season long and it lost them the game tonight.

BC is going to be last place...just terrible stuff from them.

Man Suitor was really trying to save Rider fans from jumping over. He made it seem like it's typical for a guy like Fajardo to play this bad.

After the **** play of Davis and Fajardo can TSN stop pumping these guys up?

Calgary looked well coached and played with intensity today. I still think they are beatable.

Can TSN stop saying RPO.... It's like they learned a new word and won't stop using it.

Also can someone tell Davis Sanchez that Chris Rainey is on Toronto and not BC.

I do appreciate Benevides , Smith and Dunigan for being honest on how shitty Toronto was coached tonight.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Can TSN stop saying RPO.... It's like they learned a new word and won't stop using it.

Yes the new "show how much you know" phrase.

Toronto team still looks like the players do not know the playbook.

Edited by Mark F

I remember the predictions for this game. Most writers had Saskatchewan beating Calgary.

Reality:

Saskatchewan 1-3 beat Toronto 

B.C.                  1-3 beat Toronto when the game was on the line

I know it’s early..

But even the Crossover playoff spot is in doubt at this point.

Montreal, B.C., Saskatchewan, all one step on the line away from the playoffs..

I was worried when Mitchell wasn't playing that this might happen. Team looked like we let our guard down.  Elimimium was bad. Means got picked on all night in the secondary adding many more question marks as to how he made the team. Arbuckle played ok, what was happening more was they dumped the ball when the pressure came. He was poised and ready for the heat. Attendance was 29100, but looked like about 26k in the building. I was surprised and disappointed about that. Fajardo played ok, he got pressure. He tried to force some passes that simply were not there, rookie mistake. I'm sticking with him at qb without any question.  To sum up game in one sentence, One brother absolutely schooled the other in coaching. Which concerns me more than any single play that happened on the field. I haven't read all the comments , Likely most not worth it,  we lost, is what it is I guess

Edited by Ripper

Let guard down???...no..just played as what they are..nor very good...no depth ..poor coaching and a QB who played back at his normal level...how you can say Fajardo played ok is baffling..

Your oline was a major reason for loss too..allow QB no time to let things develop and are one injury away from utter catastrophe there...

Slowly will revert back to your offence of last yr by necessity again

I also dont think it's just a coaching issue there on your defence...its more the riders played wayyyy over their actual talent last year with a lot of lucky plays and losing Jefferson..Eguevan..Antigha..took away your elite playmakers and now you are a middling group..has Johnson even played?? Said all along without the supporting cast he had in CGY that he would not be the same force...and for the money payed to Evan's who does nothing you could better use that SMS elsewhere but you dont have Canadian depth to rejig your ratio

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

Let guard down???...no..just played as what they are..nor very good...no depth ..poor coaching and a QB who played back at his normal level...how you can say Fajardo played ok is baffling..

Your oline was a major reason for loss too..allow QB no time to let things develop and are one injury away from utter catastrophe there...

Slowly will revert back to your offence of last yr by necessity again

I also dont think it's just a coaching issue there on your defence...its more the riders played wayyyy over their actual talent last year with a lot of lucky plays and losing Jefferson..Eguevan..Antigha..took away your elite playmakers and now you are a middling group..has Johnson even played?? Said all along without the supporting cast he had in CGY that he would not be the same force...and for the money payed to Evan's who does nothing you could better use that SMS elsewhere but you dont have Canadian depth to rejig your ratio

But but but, all I heard from the mistake to the left before this season was how great their defense was still going to be, it didn't matter who they lost, they got even better because they signed a bunch of 40 year olds, and they were just going to repeat their ridiculous and completely un-repeatable fluky stats from last year. It was going to be such a good defense again that they didn't need a great QB, they were just going to become the 2000 Baltimore Ravens and win it all!!! Collaros was going to be their Dilfer!!!!

Id expect that from the mindless zombie hoard of melonheads but it wasn't just the koolaid drinking fans I heard this from. Pretty much everything I watched and read about the upcoming 2019 season was the "elite" Rider defense this, and the "best D" in the league that. All the while thinking to myself how anyone with a brain bigger than a pea could possibly think that their defense could be anywhere near as good after losing their defensive architect as well as Jefferson, Eguavoen, and Antigha.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti