GDT: Bombers vs Ottawa

Jpan85

30 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He pushed off it was clear.

The refs missed Harris getting his face mask ripped off so that they missed the OPI is not some huge shock.

Exactly.  Implying CFL refs don’t miss obvious infractions is ridiculous.  And you don’t need to look far to prove it.

yeah it was clearly a push off, I yelled at the TV about it when it happened. Only way it wasn't a push off is if the CFL and the refs want to let it go as they traditionally do. 

As for Dunigan talking about it, well he always sides with the offense on those things. 

Here’s the easiest way to judge OPI....if on the route the receiver is on he’s even with the DB for 10-20 or more yards and then all of a sudden the receiver has 3-4 yards of separation when the ball comes in he either pushed off or the DB fell on his face.  Nobody has the agility to get that separation instantly with their stride.

16 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

When I first saw it, it was a penalty and I blew the whistle...and my family was annoyed. And yet from another angle, it wasn’t AS obvious, but by then O’Shea had thrown the challenge flag, and I felt more than 50% that review would show the push off...and it would be called.

I like your idea. Pulling the fox40 out for next game for the family and dogs to enjoy.

22 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

If it was obvious in real time, it would have been called in real time. I thought it was a 50-50 chance that we'd get the call when MOS threw the challenge flag.

good to know that you're blind so all your hot takes against the bombers can be taken with a grain of salt.

21 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

When I first saw it, it was a penalty and I blew the whistle...and my family was annoyed. And yet from another angle, it wasn’t AS obvious, but by then O’Shea had thrown the challenge flag, and I felt more than 50% that review would show the push off...and it would be called.

I like your dedication watching the game with a whistle.

On 2019-07-06 at 4:48 PM, TBURGESS said:

If it was obvious in real time, it would have been called in real time. I thought it was a 50-50 chance that we'd get the call when MOS threw the challenge flag.

Obvious to me. I saw the play, at the angle of the camera and said to my friends that was PI. Replay made it glaringly obvious.

CFL refs are godawful. 

16 hours ago, Atomic said:

Duke Williams became a star by exploiting CFL refs' unwillingness to call OPI. He definitely had plenty more egregious push-offs than Ottawa's on Friday. But IMO that was the CFL getting it wrong last season, and they finally got it right.

Exactly, the offence already has a huge advantage why should they be allowed to push off as well?

On 2019-07-07 at 10:30 AM, HardCoreBlue said:

I like your idea. Pulling the fox40 out for next game for the family and dogs to enjoy.

The "fox40"? This is some sort of whistley thing right? Just in case I checked urban dictionary. Pealess whistle it is.