GDT: Bombers vs Ottawa

Jpan85

10 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

He makes himself and the rider fan base look stupid.  I say leave him here so we can enjoy it even more hammering them this year.  Just don't respond to everything he posts.....

Their general lack of basic intelligence, absurd levels of ignorance and overall appearance make them look srupid. He just puts an exclamation point on it.

27 minutes ago, BBRT said:

not happy with your language here - if you can not express your opinions in generally acceptable terms maybe you should reconsider posting here. Maybe hard to understand but just because someone expresses an opinion that is different than yours does not make them either a moron or stupid. You need to grow up and join the adults in the room.

Just having an opinion does not make it valid, and if people don't want to be told they are saying stupid **** then they should just stop saying stupid ****. 

If someone comes in and starts acting like the D is giving up too many points, well are we just supposed to pretend that's a valid point? Cause it sure as hell isn't. Not sure why people get so butthurt when they are corrected, they should be grateful that I took the time to help them better themselves. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

Just having an opinion does not make it valid, and if people don't want to be told they are saying stupid **** then they should just stop saying stupid ****. 

If someone comes in and starts acting like the D is giving up too many points, well are we just supposed to pretend that's a valid point? Cause it sure as hell isn't. Not sure why people get so butthurt when they are corrected, they should be grateful that I took the time to help them better themselves. 

But I was told that every opinion holds the same amount of weight. 🤣😎🤣😎

12 hours ago, Jaxon said:

SECTION 1 — DEFINITIONS

Article 1 — Kicked Ball

A kicked ball is one struck by a player's foot or leg below the knee.

NOTE: If the ball accidentally strikes a player's leg or foot, it shall not be ruled as a kicked ball.

obviously, it's not accidental. Medlock intentionally hit it with his knee. But yes, it was not kick by the definition of that rule.

It's interesting how this place has changed in the past couple of years.  We used to celebrate victories to the point it would almost and i said almost reflect what you might see at RF.com.  But without some of the over the top crap that goes on in that place.   I can't tell whats changed.  Maybe it's a new crop of posters who just can't enjoy the win but must find something negative to counter balance the positive. 

it reminds me of a boss I had when I was first starting out.  He would shake your hand and give you a compliment but slap you across the head with the other.  I asked him why one day after some liquid courage and he said he didn't want his people to get too comfortable or feel too safe.  At that time I knew that would never be my management style but he felt it was necessary.  

After a win I choose to dwell on the positive.  Even after a 50 - 0 win you could still find a negative or two but whats the benefit to that?  With all the **** going on in the world.  Sports is what makes us smile and feel good especially after our team wins.   I have no problem discussing something that was overwhelmingly bad or a poor decision but to pick on the minutiae of the win.  Thats just a waste.

Edited by B-F-F-C

38 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I guess I can't reach you with logic - so will not try! However someone disagreeing with you does not make them stupid! Just makes them disagreeing with your position. But no matter - I guess you have spent too much time swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool to understand the concept .

1 minute ago, BBRT said:

I guess I can't reach you with logic - so will not try! However someone disagreeing with you does not make them stupid! Just makes them disagreeing with your position. But no matter - I guess you have spent too much time swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool to understand the concept .

It's not about disagreeing... Its about defending a stupid point with zero logic behind it. 

17 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Opinions carry no weight. Facts do. 

49 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

That OPI on Holley was horrendous, yes it went in our favour but I can’t stand when the Refs overturn calls like that. I thought they weren’t going to do that this year unless it was obvious in real time? 

Really? The second before he caught the ball I yelled "offensive pass interference" at the TV. I thought it was quite an obvious push off just before the ball got there. The shove clearly caused Rose to break his stride and stumble a bit. The live action and first replay from behind showed it was quite pronounced IMO.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

One thing that I don't think is getting enough talk is the game Darvin Adams had last night. I realize he had only 3 for 55, but the degree of difficulty on his catches were extremely high and would have had a touchdown added to his totals if not for a penalty.

And if/when the other receivers- Whiteside and Matthews (or his sub) hit their stride, Adams ought to be open a lot more often.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

LOL! Oh this will go well....

LOL! Well he's not wrong and neither is 17to85. It's just the language, and I get that, as I've been on both sides and still do say things that are, maybe, just a little, ... out there. LOL! But don't we all?

5 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

One thing that I don't think is getting enough talk is the game Darvin Adams had last night. I realize he had only 3 for 55, but the degree of difficulty on his catches were extremely high and would have had a touchdown added to his totals if not for a penalty.

I wanted to be mad at Hardrick for spoiling that TD with his undisciplined behavior but I just love that guy too much.

39 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Have you seen the way Lapolice calls games with a two score lead? There is absolutely no chance that’s a blowout regardless. 

lol whatever, Nichols was converting on 2nd and long all night even if Harris runs for 2 on first.

17 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Really? The second before he caught the ball I yelled "offensive pass interference" at the TV. I thought it was quite an obvious push off just before the ball got there. The shove clearly caused Rose to break his stride and stumble a bit. The live action and first replay from behind showed it was quite pronounced IMO.

Same I saw it in real time as well, you're lost if you don't think that should be called.

Edited by Gotmilt

Just now, Gotmilt said:

lol whatever, Nichols was converting on 2nd and long all night even if Harris runs for 2 on first.

You can believe whatever you like. The difference in playcalling between the first and second halves of games when we have a two score lead is extreme. It literally happens every time. I could give you numerous examples last season where Nichols and the offence looked great until they went up by 14 and then the team tried to kill the clock for 30 minutes.