GDT: Bombers vs Ottawa

Jpan85

I didn't read the complete thread but I thought we thoroughly kicked the **** out of Ottawa tonight.  

I do respect the Ottawa D for trying until the end despite it being insanely hot and humid and the Bombers O being on the field for so much longer. 

Absolutely zero pass rush from the Redblacks,  Nichols had all day long. 

TSN *finally* stopped slobbering over Davis as he looked like a guy that was not comfortable and forcing some questionable balls.  

I didn't even notice Bighill was gone,  the front 7 was rock solid and everyone including the ST wrapped up their tackles beautifully tonight. 

Also Ryan Lankford should be canned.... what a terrible play by him.  

My only concern is no Matthews yet again.... and apparently he's hurt?   

6 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

What game were you watching? Nichols had that game we were up big before he went out.

and like what yardage? Are you people delusional? It’s pro football the other team is going to make plays. 

Jesus Christ this team has given up one defensive touchdown and was in complete control until we lost our starting qb

Are you complaining about the right post?

Extra Points

Miller 7 ST tackles - man on a mission, tied the CFL record for S.T. tackles. Quite the performance.

Waiting on Willie J.? Willie Jefferson was creating havoc out there all night long..

Medlock - What can I say about the play of the game? Medlock’s constant practising of back spin punts paid off big time last night and his awareness and hustle to get to the ball, helped stem the tide and regain control of the game.

Streveler's strength is his strength. He is one powerful runner. 42 yards passing on 6-8. 44 yards running..2 TDs

Harris - Just his ordinary high performance..80 yards rushing, 50 yards receiving.

Possession time - 39:01 Bombers 20:59 Ottawa

5 - 65    Bombers TOTAL PENALTIES  Ottawa  10 - 110

5 pass knockdowns 4 turnovers unDeniable defence!

Darvin Adams and his outstanding catch. They called a penalty but I thought he had scored.

Comment of the night - “I probably should have slid earlier” - Matt Nichols

Matt Nichols led his team last night. Great numbers and that TD pass was his 100th career TD pass

Congrats!

Chad Rempel - 200th career game. That’s an accomplishment! Congrats on that too!

More on Mike Miller 

Fenner - I gave him **** for last game, but a nice bounce back game here.

Briggs, Wilson and Gaitor  part of the defence that has continued the defence of 34 consecutive possessions without surrendering a TD.

With Kyrie Wilson starting at middle linebacker for Adam Bighill and Jesse Briggs lining up at weak-side linebacker the Bombers started eight Canadians Friday night

Wolitarsky- all that guy does is catch the ball and make plays. What a find!

Jackson Jeffcoat - tied for 3rd in QB pressures (not including last night)

That’s what I like to see - 8 receivers were targeted in the offence last night.

O’Shea challenged Nelson’s fumble to give the officials more time IN CASE there was one angle that gave them a better view. It was an important play and call, that could have been the difference. Still was a long shot though.

From the sounds of Matt Nichols’ interview after the game, he’ll be ready to play next week.

Mathews? Not so much. “Not a thumb injury. Ring and pinky finger wrapped on his left hand. No update from the #Bombers yet” -  Matthew Scianitti

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Extra Points

Miller 7 ST tackles - man on a mission, tied the CFL record for S.T. tackles. Quite the performance.

Waiting on Willie J.? Willie Jefferson was creating havoc out there all night long..

Medlock - What can I say about the play of the game? Medlock’s constant practising of back spin punts paid off big time last night and his awareness and hustle to get to the ball, helped stem the tide and regain control of the game.

Streveler's strength is his strength. He is one powerful runner. 42 yards passing on 6-8. 44 yards running..2 TDs

Harris - Just his ordinary high performance..80 yards rushing, 50 yards receiving.

Possession time - 39:01 Bombers 20:59 Ottawa

5 - 65    Bombers TOTAL PENALTIES  Ottawa  10 - 110

5 pass knockdowns 4 turnovers unDeniable defence!

Darvin Adams and his outstanding catch. They called a penalty but I thought he had scored.

Comment of the night - “I probably should have slid earlier” - Matt Nichols

Matt Nichols led his team last night. Great numbers and that TD pass was his 100th career TD pass

Congrats!

Chad Rempel - 200th career game. That’s an accomplishment! Congrats on that too!

More on Mike Miller 

Fenner - I gave him **** for last game, but a nice bounce back game here.

Briggs, Wilson and Gaitor  part of the defence that has continued the defence of 34 consecutive possessions without surrendering a TD.

With Kyrie Wilson starting at middle linebacker for Adam Bighill and Jesse Briggs lining up at weak-side linebacker the Bombers started eight Canadians Friday night

Wolitarsky- all that guy does is catch the ball and make plays. What a find!

Jackson Jeffcoat - tied for 3rd in QB pressures (not including last night)

That’s what I like to see - 8 receivers were targeted in the offence last night.

O’Shea challenged Nelson’s fumble to give the officials more time IN CASE there was one angle that gave them a better view. It was an important play and call, that could have been the difference. Still was a long shot though.

From the sounds of Matt Nichols’ interview after the game, he’ll be ready to play next week.

Mathews? Not so much. “Not a thumb injury. Ring and pinky finger wrapped on his left hand. No update from the #Bombers yet” -  Matthew Scianitti

That was a dumb challenge by O'Shea- he could have much better used it to review the hit on Nichols. Matthews is probably gone for a month.

49 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

The fact that Nichols was interviewed at all leads me to believe he will be fine.

The Bombers policy is that injured players aren't available to the media. He'll be just fine, barring some unforeseen setbacks...

Someone smarter than me (and there are plenty) should explain to me why Adams' touchdown did not count. The play ends up with an official signalling a touchdown.  The ref says the penalty occurred after the play and moves the ball to the 15. 

Question: if the penalty occurred after a play that ended with a TD, why was the penalty not assessed on the ensuing kickoff? There is no difference in the final outcome of the drive except Adams deserved that stat after the great catch.

9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

No sometimes people just say stupid **** and deserve to be called a moron. 1 touchdown against in 3 games and you come in here talking about giving up points and yards not mattering... get your head out of your ass. You said a profoundly stupid thing and were rightly called on it. 

Hey I'm not saying our recent record isn't great...I'm talking about points ...'like we need to improve the db's' ... before this club becomes truly a Cup winner...Of course yardage matters....my sentiment just came out badly...My opinion....and as far as someone dumping on other posters with juvenile name calling shows the depth of their opinion....very shallow

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Hey I'm not saying our recent record isn't great...I'm talking about points ...'like we need to improve the db's' ... before this club becomes truly a Cup winner...Of course yardage matters....my sentiment just came out badly...My opinion....and as far as someone dumping on other posters with juvenile name calling shows the depth of their opinion....very shallow

Carry on dude. Please complain about the D again. It was quite entertaining. 

6 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I was buzzed last night when I replied, so this morning I thought maybe I was in the wrong....this just confirmed I wasnt. Points....like touchdowns...the thing the Defense hasnt given up in 2 games? Wtf am I missing? Can anyone else make sense of this "argument"?

16 minutes ago, LeBird said:

Someone smarter than me (and there are plenty) should explain to me why Adams' touchdown did not count. The play ends up with an official signalling a touchdown.  The ref says the penalty occurred after the play and moves the ball to the 15. 

Question: if the penalty occurred after a play that ended with a TD, why was the penalty not assessed on the ensuing kickoff? There is no difference in the final outcome of the drive except Adams deserved that stat after the great catch.

So, the penalty occurred after yards were gained, but not before the TD was scored....basically that's it. They figure he was at about the 10yd line when the foul occurred, so they spot it there, and march it back 15 for the penalty. Play resumes at the 25, 1st Down Bombers...

18 minutes ago, Stickem said:

you can only be judged on what you type, and you typed a completely stupid point and were rightly called on it. Most people would just slink away with their tail between their legs and people would forget all about it, but no, you doubled down on it. Not sure why you think you can talk your way out of the stupid thing you said. 

Again, it shows a profound misunderstanding of what this defense tries to do. The fact that they aren't letting teams into the endzone means they are doing their jobs very well whether you think the dbs can't cover or not. I mean cripes, Fenner who has been roasted here showed some great coverage last night when he avoided penalties, but you probably still were calling him trash right? 

Fact is this defense lets people catch the ball and makes the stop. It's bend don't break and if you want something different you won't get it from this team. our DBs are good, out entire defense is good, so what's with the complaining? They're not giving 0 yards and 0 points? How about adjust your expectations?

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

No sometimes people just say stupid **** and deserve to be called a moron. 1 touchdown against in 3 games and you come in here talking about giving up points and yards not mattering... get your head out of your ass. You said a profoundly stupid thing and were rightly called on it. 

not happy with your language here - if you can not express your opinions in generally acceptable terms maybe you should reconsider posting here. Maybe hard to understand but just because someone expresses an opinion that is different than yours does not make them either a moron or stupid. You need to grow up and join the adults in the room.

1 minute ago, BBRT said:

not happy with your language here - if you can not express your opinions in generally acceptable terms maybe you should reconsider posting here. Maybe hard to understand but just because someone expresses an opinion that is different than yours does not make them either a moron or stupid. You need to grow up and join the adults in the room.

LOL! Oh this will go well....