Bombers @ Lewis Ward's 47 yard missed FG Pre-game Thread

BBlink

Willie has played good all year..no big stats up till yesterday but he influenced where or what teams could do and many times was right in the QB's throwing lane or sightlines lurking for a big play..and altered what the QB wanted to do.

Last night he was a down right force and seems to finally expressing some of his personality and character.

His mere presence...along with the disruptive forces being Nevis and Richardson has made this defense uber tough to run on...and just basically score TDs on..its a culmative effect

On 2019-07-06 at 4:50 PM, TBURGESS said:

The Bombers look like the best team in the league at the moment, that being said, I doubt even half teams are grimacing at the idea of playing us.

You're probably right... I highly doubt teams are "scared" to play against the bombers... but I also doubt they're looking forward to it... and would much prefer a match up with Toronto or Montreal... 

15 minutes ago, bearpants said:

You're probably right... I highly doubt teams are "scared" to play against the bombers... but I also doubt they're looking forward to it... and would much prefer a match up with Toronto or Montreal... 

I doubt that the good teams want to play Toronto or Montreal. To be the best, you gotta beat the best. Good teams likely look forward to playing us.

On 2019-07-06 at 5:36 PM, Booch said:

Willie has played good all year..no big stats up till yesterday but he influenced where or what teams could do and many times was right in the QB's throwing lane or sightlines lurking for a big play..and altered what the QB wanted to do.

Last night he was a down right force and seems to finally expressing some of his personality and character.

His mere presence...along with the disruptive forces being Nevis and Richardson has made this defense uber tough to run on...and just basically score TDs on..its a culmative effect

Nevis and Richardson are the starting point.  They are just a pair of tanks in there, with constant inside push on the pass rush, and immovable objects in the run game.  Put Bighill right behind them, and you have a triangle of death against the run.