Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FrostyWinnipeg

Around The NHL 2019/2020

Recommended Posts

I don't think they need to throw the book at the guy,  I guarantee you a tonne of players make smart ass comments and talk about sleeping around with women all of the time.    The only part I think that can get him in trouble is the coke post.   I assume they will make him take drug tests.  

As a fringe 4th liner though,  jeeze who in the hell is going to want to sign a locker room cancer like this guy.   The comment about the nhl players wife being fat after having a new baby is just in such poor taste.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't think they need to throw the book at the guy,  I guarantee you a tonne of players make smart ass comments and talk about sleeping around with women all of the time.    The only part I think that can get him in trouble is the coke post.   I assume they will make him take drug tests.  

As a fringe 4th liner though,  jeeze who in the hell is going to want to sign a locker room cancer like this guy.   The comment about the nhl players wife being fat after having a new baby is just in such poor taste.  

Sure.  I saw someone defending it on twitter saying its how all guys talk in chats with their friends (which isnt true).  But its not like he dropped racial or homophobic speech, he was just a ****.  As you said, the coke part is a problem as it contributes to the widely held belief that NHL players love their coke and the NHL doesnt seem to mind.  But in terms of his words, if I was an NHL team, I wouldnt sign him.  Shows his character...which is to say, very little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't have to look any further than the hockey players on Letterkenny to know that this is exactly how young hockey players are and that it's almost "celebrated". I know for a fact this is how a lot of them (not all) are. It's gross, but it's a major part of the culture. In 10 years, they're gonna be disgusted with themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-05-07 at 9:52 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

Sure.  I saw someone defending it on twitter saying its how all guys talk in chats with their friends (which isnt true).  But its not like he dropped racial or homophobic speech, he was just a ****. 

I see that as part of the problem in today's society.  If someone is racist, homophobic, or say, anti - semitic, that is viewed as inappropriate and is usually dealt with severely.  Yet, other offensive things, such as in this case degrading women and teammates, are seen as less serious, because so many people do it and it is an ingrained part of certain cultures.  Hopefully people get to a point where they are just disgusted with themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I see that as part of the problem in today's society.  If someone is racist, homophobic, or say, anti - semitic, that is viewed as inappropriate and is usually dealt with severely.  Yet, other offensive things, such as in this case degrading women and teammates, are seen as less serious, because so many people do it and it is an ingrained part of certain cultures.  Hopefully people get to a point where they are just disgusted with themselves. 

Also for some reason the amount of points a player scores (or value they bring to a team) also impacts how severe society looks at the punishment.  It's easy to throw away a 4th liner like this guy... but if Ovie were to do the same... I guarantee the team and fans would be much less critical.  Weird society. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy is 25..who doesn't **** up at 25? Made a big mistake should be allowed to deal with it. Lots of young guys talk like this it just talk,bragging. **** i am an old fart and i see it was just guys shooting the **** with each other, it was wrong and he screwed up but to for a young guy at least give him another chance? Nope hopefully he learns from this but wow its not like the kid killed anyone...this society has become so thin skinned..scary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bb1 said:

Guy is 25..who doesn't **** up at 25? Made a big mistake should be allowed to deal with it. Lots of young guys talk like this it just talk,bragging. **** i am an old fart and i see it was just guys shooting the **** with each other, it was wrong and he screwed up but to for a young guy at least give him another chance? Nope hopefully he learns from this but wow its not like the kid killed anyone...this society has become so thin skinned..scary.

They can shoot the **** about a million other things.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

They can shoot the **** about a million other things.  

That's the point young guys don't and neither do young women, the kid was an a$$hole in a private conversation, anyone here above being an a$$hole once or twice in their life? We all **** up when we are young ,too bad this young adult was not allowed to learn and mature from his mistake. 

Edited by bb1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bb1 said:

That's the point young guys don't and neither do young women, the kid was an a$$hole in a private conversation, anyone here above being an a$$hole once or twice in their life? We all **** up when we are young ,too bad this young adult was not allowed to learn and mature from his mistake. 

No doubts and girls are ten times more vicious online and offline when it comes to bullying others.  However this guy is a public figure and part of being in the public eye and representing the team and league is to avoid doing stupid **** like this.

Something that everyone needs to remember...anything you post or text or even say which can be recorded....assume that this will never remain private. 

Also mid 20's is not the same as 18 year old making a stupid decision.... at that point you're more then old enough to know better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Brandon said:

No doubts and girls are ten times more vicious online and offline when it comes to bullying others.  However this guy is a public figure and part of being in the public eye and representing the team and league is to avoid doing stupid **** like this.

Something that everyone needs to remember...anything you post or text or even say which can be recorded....assume that this will never remain private. 

Also mid 20's is not the same as 18 year old making a stupid decision.... at that point you're more then old enough to know better.

Yep your right.. but even 25 is still young and none of us at 25 is fully mature. We all make mistakes and how far do we go with people when they do? Lose their career? Jail time?  Hell he is suffering more than some who have killed people. Over people being insulted by words. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Yep your right.. but even 25 is still young and none of us at 25 is fully mature. We all make mistakes and how far do we go with people when they do? Lose their career? Jail time?  Hell he is suffering more than some who have killed people. Over people being insulted by words. 

He only lost his career because he wasn't good enough.  If he was a top 3 line player he would still be in the league.   As I said before he's a fringe player and no team wants a locker room cancer when they can hire tonnes of other guys to play 5 minutes a night and score 2 goals a season....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Yep your right.. but even 25 is still young and none of us at 25 is fully mature. We all make mistakes and how far do we go with people when they do? Lose their career? Jail time?  Hell he is suffering more than some who have killed people. Over people being insulted by words. 

He is only suffering because he had more to lose than most people do.  Honestly, when I started teaching at 25, I would have fully expected to lose my job, had I been exposed saying stuff like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...