Around The NHL 2019/2020

55 minutes ago, Brandon said:

This thread confuses me.... if the season is outright cancelled are they re-drawing for the pick?

I think if the season is cancelled the play in teams draw for 1st overall. They all have the same odds. If the season goes on as planned the eliminated teams from the play in draw for 1st overall.  If the jets lose to Calgary they will have a shot at the pick. 

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

When half of the teams rosters test positive they will. Its not happening. 

Yeah I guess they would be worried that another player would test positives and the whole team will die just like the Ottawa senators - oh wait no one else got sick but the point remains... better safe than sorry

On 2020-06-28 at 1:19 PM, Floyd said:

Yeah I guess they would be worried that another player would test positives and the whole team will die just like the Ottawa senators - oh wait no one else got sick but the point remains... better safe than sorry

Maybe you’d like to suit up under the circumstances? Easy to sit at home and yell at the TV...no risk there. There are indications that there are potential long term adverse effects from the virus...one of those being respiratory damage...fairly significant for a pro athlete.....it isn’t about the low death risk...even though it is still a risk. Some players may have underlying health risks that they aren’t even aware of. 

3 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Well what happens if the NHL and the PA send the agreement to the players to ratify and 10% vote it down and sat they won’t play? 

No play no pay..... the rest of us common folk if we workin we risking...nature of the beast right now. 

1 minute ago, bb1 said:

No play no pay..... the rest of us common folk if we workin we risking...nature of the beast right now. 

Well unless the new CBA changes....player contracts are paid for the regular season. For most guys playoff money is chump change. Some guys are going to risk it play a few games and get knocked out early...we will see.

20 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Well unless the new CBA changes....player contracts are paid for the regular season. For most guys playoff money is chump change. Some guys are going to risk it play a few games and get knocked out early...we will see.

Players already got their final pay checks for the regular season I heard. It’s not about money owing, it’s really about the escrow payments built into the CBA. If the league revenues are less than expected the players give back some of their salary per the CBA. Given how much the league would lose on an incomplete season, it is in the players’ best interests to finish the year rather than get hammered on escrow payback (although with no fans in the stands hard to know how much playoff revenue will be lost). 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever