Around The NHL 2019/2020

53 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

The Athletic Winnipeg Jets was nothing special until Ates brought mathematical expertise. 

The business made the correct decision and kept Ates and removed Wiebe. That says it all. If it was dire straits Ates would be gone too. 

Ates will continue to thrive and Wiebe will never be heard from again. He's the definition of replaceable 

I have never laughed so hard until these two posts. 

I've known Murat Ates since he was a baby and this is hilarious. Never mind the fact that Ken Wiebe has been a Winnipeg sports media legend for decades....... 

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

I have never laughed so hard until these two posts. 

I've known Murat Ates since he was a baby and this is hilarious. Never mind the fact that Ken Wiebe has been a Winnipeg sports media legend for decades....... 

Lmao good for you for knowing someone. Ates was obviously an economics and statistics graduate "when he was a baby" in Pinawa at 14 years old.

"I've worked in media so I know it all". Ken met me 10+ times in BG's (not that you would even know what that is since you don't live here so are obviously out of touch) and even me the layman could tell he wasn't anything exceptional.

Wiebe is in no way a legend and you know that. Was Gary Lawless who was tenured with the Jets way longer a "legend"? Of course not.

Murat Ates brings literal professional mathematic expertise in a way that Wiebe will never compare to. If you choose to disagree that's fine, but you're simply wrong and obstinate on the subject. He's already gone because he's the less valued partner. You can disagree all you want and spout your media history until your face turns blue but you're still wrong. Ates was kept because he's more valued and Wiebe was fired because he's less valued. That's an absolute fact.

But I guess you know more than the owners of the Athletic so you should just continue to laugh. You're the smartest guy in the room, I guess

Edited by Dr Zaius

Oi... Listen, here's the thing. I'm not even debating MAs worthiness here...he's a great young man. But Ken Wiebe has been a sports writer forever and MA has only been in the game a couple of years. I know how humble that kid is and even HE would acknowledge how good Wiebe has been for a really long time. "Riding Murat's coattails" is just a really silly thing to say. 

Just now, Noeller said:

Oi... Listen, here's the thing. I'm not even debating MAs worthiness here...he's a great young man. But Ken Wiebe has been a sports writer forever and MA has only been in the game a couple of years. I know how humble that kid is and even HE would acknowledge how good Wiebe has been for a really long time. "Riding Murat's coattails" is just a really silly thing to say. 

K fine but now I refuse to listen and hate you personally forever and we cannot continue our online acquaintanceship. TAKE THAT. 

Edited by Dr Zaius

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

On an unrelated note: Blake Wheeler made an impassioned and uncomfortable statement on racism a couple of days ago. It confirmed my opinion of him as one of the good guys.

Well he was the first one to set Evander Kane in place by punching him out lol so he's always been a leader on the team. 

19 hours ago, iHeart said:

so bye bye Comrie again?

Yes. Berdin and Holm. Comrie goes to echl. Do u even think? I mean seriously... Obviously holm to echl. 

Actually not quite yet... 

Loosely translated means congrats Arvid 1 step closer to your dream but 1 more season with us first. 

Edited by Goalie

Former OHL player Eric Guest alleged he was forced to do cocaine at a team party as a rookie almost four years ago. While It is being investigated as a potentially crime, Guest's former coach wishes the player had been comfortable enough to come to him with news of the incident

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/former-ohl-players-explosive-allegations-now-being-investigated-as-a-crime

On 2020-06-16 at 7:29 PM, Brandon said:

I don't believe the story , it doesn't seem realistic to me.

There's almost nothing you could tell me happened in junior hockey that I would find unrealistic.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/more-explosive-and-shocking-allegations-against-junior-hockey-in-newly-filed-lawsuit

I played junior in the 90s, and I heard a lot of stories like this from guys I knew. I was lucky to be on a team with good leaders. We had the gross orgies and other weird sex stuff, but none of the abuse detailed in the article.

Edited by sweep the leg

12 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

There's almost nothing you could tell me happened in junior hockey that I would find unrealistic.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/more-explosive-and-shocking-allegations-against-junior-hockey-in-newly-filed-lawsuit

I played junior in the 90s, and I heard a lot of stories like this from guys I knew. I was lucky to be on a team with good leaders. We had the gross orgies and other weird sex stuff, but none of the abuse detailed in the article.

Hopefully it wasn't a total sausage fest. Unless that's what you were into, not that there's anything wrong with that.

3 hours ago, MrFreakzilla said:

Hopefully it wasn't a total sausage fest. Unless that's what you were into, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Lol, it was actually pretty shocking how many girls hung around the team. It's not a great environment to teach young men about respecting women.