Around The NHL 2019/2020

12 hours ago, Mark H. said:

He is only suffering because he had more to lose than most people do.  Honestly, when I started teaching at 25, I would have fully expected to lose my job, had I been exposed saying stuff like that. 

He is an adult, with adult privileges and the responsibilities that come with those. It is to be hoped that he can learn from these stupid mistakes and become a better person. 

14 hours ago, bb1 said:

Yep your right.. but even 25 is still young and none of us at 25 is fully mature. We all make mistakes and how far do we go with people when they do? Lose their career? Jail time?  Hell he is suffering more than some who have killed people. Over people being insulted by words. 

Suffering more than someone who killed people?  Come on.

Who says he’s suffering at all?  He seems like a ****** and may not even feel like he was in the wrong.

I get the angle that he’s being harshly scrutinized for being an idiot in a private conversation, but comparing his punishment to a killer, is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

Suffering more than someone who killed people?  Come on.

Who says he’s suffering at all?  He seems like a ****** and may not even feel like he was in the wrong.

I get the angle that he’s being harshly scrutinized for being an idiot in a private conversation, but comparing his punishment to a killer, is ridiculous.

Despite him not being a star player, he was earning at least the league minimum- what $660K per annum? If he was wise with his money, he ought to have a golden parachute and he screwed himself out of a job which was really playing a game which he loved, so no tears from me.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

so based on that "expanded" playoffs, would Winnipeg make the cut? 

Frosty reminded me off board that the Jets had the top wildcard spot in our conference. 

Also would it depend on the host cities or something or other

Edited by iHeart

18 hours ago, iHeart said:

Frosty reminded me off board that the Jets had the top wildcard spot in our conference. 

Also would it depend on the host cities or something or other

True but I believe the jets were out of the playoffs if they used the final standings and pro rated it so everyone was equal.  I think that’s one of the reasons they’re talking about an expanded playoffs if they don’t play the remaining games.  Include all the teams that were close. 

I've seen that in a few places. Likely close to accurate. The players don't want to do the Canadian mandatory 14 Day isolation, so the hubs will likely be all American unfortunately for Edm/Van/Tor....