Around The NHL 2019/2020

22 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Ther iz no spel ore gramer chek inn foroms, u no that.

It's called proof reading. :D

Seriously, I try (TRY) to not go all grammar Nazi on posts, unless it's someone irritating (see Zontar in US Politics thread) or it's fantastically ironic, like someone posting "your an idiot"

14 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

It's called proof reading. :D

Seriously, I try (TRY) to not go all grammar Nazi on posts, unless it's someone irritating (see Zontar in US Politics thread) or it's fantastically ironic, like someone posting "your an idiot"

I try not to unless it's egregious...but....I'm hyper about the use of the English language. 

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Curious if all these places are going to use neutral site games. Saskatoon has apparently offered up their barn...no reported cases in Sask yet, so they figure it's a safe zone. 

I could see a Saskatoon game generating solid revenue.  But it would be whether it was more cost effective to play with no fans or move somewhere else.  

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that this is actually happening......in 2020........that we could have viruses that we've never seen before and they're causing this much havoc on society. I never thought we'd see a true pandemic like this in my lifetime. Man, a guy just wants to crawl into a hole and hide away for awhile....... 

46 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that this is actually happening......in 2020........that we could have viruses that we've never seen before and they're causing this much havoc on society. I never thought we'd see a true pandemic like this in my lifetime. Man, a guy just wants to crawl into a hole and hide away for awhile....... 

Never underestimate the power of groupthink 

55 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that this is actually happening......in 2020........that we could have viruses that we've never seen before and they're causing this much havoc on society. I never thought we'd see a true pandemic like this in my lifetime.

The-Walking-Dead-Season-1-Photo-Everyone-Who.jpg

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

but the thing is, this is real...it's not an over reaction. It's a really serious thing that's ACTUALLY happening in this day and age. It's really incredible.

Had a rousing debate wirh a dude today. He’s fully in the “it’s just the flu and old people die all the time” camp. 

Worse If mitigation efforts work, in a few weeks/months they will say “see?”  

The efforts seems crazy because they ARE pretty crazy. But when you look at research and information on past flus and what the experts say, social distancing works.   It’s wild though.  

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Had a rousing debate wirh a dude today. He’s fully in the “it’s just the flu and old people die all the time” camp. 

The efforts seems crazy because they ARE pretty crazy. But when you look at research and information on past flus and what the experts say, social distancing works.   It’s wild though.  

Exactly this........so crazy. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Wish I was there. Always interesting to view and take part in a rousing debate :)