Around The NHL 2019/2020

On 2020-02-01 at 9:17 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I think he's done.

Agreed. Hes done as a Jet for sure. Im not sure hes done Hockey but done as a Jet 100 percent. Something odd happened with buff, there were rumors of ruffled feathers, perhaps his were ruffled. What ppl forget is buff didn't show up last year for his exit interviews.. He just skipped it and left. He was also quite visibly pissed or frustrated ill say last season when Trouba kept getting pp1 minutes over him also. Ppl will call BS but go back and watch a few games.. Visibly upset for sure. Also lost in all this is the Jets record without buff is actually pretty good.. If our PP and PK weren't complete garbage we'd likely be 2nd in the central cuz sp teams has certainly cost us wins. For as poor as they have played for pretty much the last year now.. Since January 2019.. An avg PP and PK likely means several more wins. 

Its all Helle right now but.. With an avg PP we are in a playoff spot likely sitting comfortably. 

Buff and Wheeler had some issues.. They did... They don't get along.. Never have, they just dont and with Wheeler self admitting he was kind of a prick last year.. Definitely part of the ruffled feathers group. 

Think Buff prob had enough. 

Edited by Goalie

Does Buffs absence hurt the pp? You damn right but.. Buffs absence isnt causing Wheeler to turn the puck over all the time or causing them to have troubles even entering the zone. That's a system issue and perhaps its time to put Wheeler on pp2 and give Ehlers his spot. Take pionk and his extremely slow passes to laine off for Niku who is a pp wizard. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Yup. Done as a Jet. Wonder if he signs elsewhere? Guy kinda screwed the Jets a wee bit. 

A whole ton. This year, his entire cap hit had to be "held" by the Jets. They're getting ZERO in return for a valuable asset. 

We don't know what happened, we can only speculate... But $%& Buff! 

For what it's worth, I'm a part of some fishing messageboards, and there's some folks that fish with/against him in the bass tournament scene, and he's been saying that he'd really like to go to Minnesota, but that's about the only place he wants to be. Apparently said that he's not a big fan of how "visible" he is in Winnipeg, and prefers the relative anonymity of Minnie...

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

For what it's worth, I'm a part of some fishing messageboards, and there's some folks that fish with/against him in the bass tournament scene, and he's been saying that he'd really like to go to Minnesota, but that's about the only place he wants to be. Apparently said that he's not a big fan of how "visible" he is in Winnipeg, and prefers the relative anonymity of Minnie...

Okay, let's trade him for Dumba....  Done deal.

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Meh he didn’t have to sign that deal with the Jets.  I think it’s more whatever happened behind the scenes to sour both sides on each other and this being a negotiated settlement to the impasse. 

He loses a lot of money though.  

3 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I'm ready for a coaching change, but that's a pretty big stretch.  Who says the coaching staff had anything to do with this situation?

There were rumours of a falling out between buff and wheeler but other reports that they are still tight and wheeler was the first person buff told about his injury and leaving the team. 

That sort of internal stuff doesn’t hold a lot of water for me. Players work with teammates they dislike and coaches they hate all the time.  

Id guess it’s pretty obvious here.  The injury and how buff handled it led to bad blood.  Buff maybe doesn’t want to come back or can’t commit and team isn’t sure they want him back and can’t trade him.  With the grievance looming it’s a negotiated settlement to walk away.  

We lose whatever we could get on a trade but gain loads of money. Buff loses a boat load of money but can sign anywhere for whatever he can get if he comes back. 

Someone on twitter angrily said if we had known about this last summer we could have signed Myers with that money.  So I guess we can thank buff for not letting that happen!  His last gift to Winnipeg!

24 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There were rumours of a falling out between buff and wheeler but other reports that they are still tight and wheeler was the first person buff told about his injury and leaving the team. 

That sort of internal stuff doesn’t hold a lot of water for me. Players work with teammates they dislike and coaches they hate all the time.  

Id guess it’s pretty obvious here.  The injury and how buff handled it led to bad blood.  Buff maybe doesn’t want to come back or can’t commit and team isn’t sure they want him back and can’t trade him.  With the grievance looming it’s a negotiated settlement to walk away.  

We lose whatever we could get on a trade but gain loads of money. Buff loses a boat load of money but can sign anywhere for whatever he can get if he comes back. 

Someone on twitter angrily said if we had known about this last summer we could have signed Myers with that money.  So I guess we can thank buff for not letting that happen!  His last gift to Winnipeg!

I don't know what Wheeler and Buffs current status is, but I heard from a very reliable source, that they had a physical altercation, in the locker room, last season.  Maybe that has played a part in all of this?  Maybe that falling out, plus his ankle?  Maybe Maurice and coaches sided with Wheeler?  Who knows?  One thing we all know.... This has been a huge pain in the ass.

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

I don't know what Wheeler and Buffs current status is, but I heard from a very reliable source, that they had a physical altercation, in the locker room, last season.  Maybe that has played a part in all of this?  Maybe that falling out, plus his ankle?  Maybe Maurice and coaches sided with Wheeler?  Who knows?  One thing we all know.... This has been a huge pain in the ass.

We’ll keep in mind buff signed off on his end of season medical and did report to camp.  So if he decides he’s never play with wheeler or whatever, he made the decision awfully late.  

Also if every report of a physical altercation were true then the jets have spent more time fighting in the locker room then playing hockey. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

What i don't get is why he signed off last year on his health..really screwed the Jets and their fans. We could of at least worked out some kind of deal to trade him in the off season if he wasn't happy with how he was treated. Looks from the outside  like a selfish player that just doesn't care anymore. Too bad for us that we got the Troubas and Buffs but we are in a market with little in the way of choices.