Around The NHL 2019/2020

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

There is obviously more going on here behind the scenes, i.e personality differences that may have nothing to do with hockey directly. 

No. Their GM pretty much came out and said its cuz they feel they cant get better with him as coach. Its truly goaltending that is holding them back. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

No. Their GM pretty much came out and said its cuz they feel they cant get better with him as coach. Its truly goaltending that is holding them back. 

TSN: 'Golden Knights GM Kelly McCrimmon says that it was tough to let Gerard Gallant go, but something didn't feel right, and that it wasn't 'something we did in haste.' 

Riiiiight, nothing to see here folks. 

Edit: Oh how I hope they sink like a rock in the standings.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

At this rate Maurice wins coach of the year just through attrition.

No chance. Doubt hes even nominated. Jets are 1 of the worst teams in the league in every category besides goaltending. If i didnt know how TN operates id say hes more likely to be fired. He wont be tho.. They just wont extend him this off season. 

Jets with Gallant would be sick tho.. Top 5 goaltending right now roughly.. Top 10 for sure but bottom 5 in every other category. 

Put it this way, with average goaltending Vegas is close to 1st in the league.. Gallant here with this talented group.. Man, jets would be killing it instead of relying on Helle to stand on his head to win. 

Alex Ovechkin scored his 30th goal of the season, part of his hat trick for the Washington Capitals in a 5-2 win against the New Jersey Devils at Capital One Arena on Thursday.

Ovechkin has five goals in his past two games and 31 this season, giving him 15 consecutive seasons with at least 30, tying the NHL record for most to start a career.

BTW...

206 goals to go to break the the Wayner's NHL record. Or in about 4-5 seasons and what a great day that will be .

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

On 2020-01-17 at 9:50 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Alex Ovechkin scored his 30th goal of the season, part of his hat trick for the Washington Capitals in a 5-2 win against the New Jersey Devils at Capital One Arena on Thursday.

Ovechkin has five goals in his past two games and 31 this season, giving him 15 consecutive seasons with at least 30, tying the NHL record for most to start a career.

BTW...

206 goals to go to break the the Wayner's NHL record. Or in about 4-5 seasons and what a great day that will be .

Yeah no, Ovy couldn't hold Gretzky's jockstrap...

59 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I believe that this is what they did with John Wayne when he had cancer.  How do you process food if you have no stomach?

I asked my wife that question as she is an Oncology RN at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre here in Calgary. She said eating foods in very small amounts several times a day like in 1 cup portions. This is also an insidious cancer. One of the worst you can get. Just keep Dale in your thoughts.