Around The NHL 2019/2020

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

Maybe no one cares about outdoor games. 

Not as much as they used to.  Winnipeg/Minnesota, as Goalie said, is a good match up.  USA vs Canada and all that.  Serves the Canadian TV coverage well.  How much does it hurt US TV?  If not that much, it could be the choice.  Plus you have multiple Minnesota players on Winnipeg.  And you'd get a large number of Jets fans down there.

Might be the right call.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I would assume any NHL teams with upcoming cap problems because of overstocked D, Chevy has them on his to do list?

Jets cant do much.. Trade cap out maybe.. But with Buffs situation unknown... Pretty unlikely to see much movement. 

56 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Jets cant do much.. Trade cap out maybe.. But with Buffs situation unknown... Pretty unlikely to see much movement. 

Half the season has gone by without paying Buff.   Wouldn't that mean they could take in up to a $7.6M. AAV contract even if Buff comes back.  Even if you take in a multi year deal, you have Kulikov coming off the books next year.

I keep seeing the Buff situation handcuffing the Jets but it doesnt make sense to me.  He's either suspended and it costs the Jets no money and no cap or he wins his appeal and is put on retroactive IR and it still costs the jets no cap space.  Unless simply because there is an appeal, the Jets are prevented from using his cap, but still, he isnt playing so how would his salary count?

Plus, they are recouping cap savings with Little's injury and Kulikov being out awhile.