Around The NHL 2019/2020

On 2019-12-25 at 9:36 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Obviously Brooks doesn't watch many Jets games.  Trouba was a first pairing D here for 3 seasons, basically the entire time after the hold out.  

Personally I'd prefer Trouba to Hayes, that's not even close.  Trouba is a consistent top pairing quality D, Hayes has one great game and four mediocre ones.  The ability is there but he doesn't bring it every night.

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Obviously Brooks doesn't watch many Jets games.  Trouba was a first pairing D here for 3 seasons, basically the entire time after the hold out.  

Personally I'd prefer Trouba to Hayes, that's not even close.  Trouba is a consistent top pairing quality D, Hayes has one great game and four mediocre ones.  The ability is there but he doesn't bring it every night.

I really thought Jets fans would stop overvaluing Trouba once he left but I guess not. 

He was always the 2nd pairing defenseman behind Buff.

I think what they're saying in the article is that they should have kept Hayes and signed Trouba in FA. They didn't need to trade for him. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I really thought Jets fans would stop overvaluing Trouba once he left but I guess not. 

He was always the 2nd pairing defenseman behind Buff.

I think what they're saying in the article is that they should have kept Hayes and signed Trouba in FA. They didn't need to trade for him. 

Even strength the Jets top pairing was Morrissey-Trouba.  For almost 3 full seasons.

Byfuglien played with a few different partners but mostly Chiarot in that time frame, some Enstrom, some Kulikov.

Sure the Rangers basically dealt the Jets first rounder back for an extra season with Trouba and guarantee to get him signed.  I don't believe they would have qualified Pionk last July at $1.95 M.  The Jets really liked Pionk and that has mostly been justified this season.

On 2020-01-01 at 4:05 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

They’d sell a lot for jets. But they’d sell a lot for anyone.  I think tv deal probably leans towards Chicago.  

2 much Chicago outdoor games. 

Minny vs Jets would be different and interesting if promoted to the hockey audience.. The State of Hockey vs Canada. I mean theres a solid marketing gimmick here. But rivalry wise it makes sense. 

I think St Louis tho cuz.. Its not Chicago but.. The Blues are more recognizable than the Jets id assume with casuals? Maybe? 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

2 much Chicago outdoor games. 

Minny vs Jets would be different and interesting if promoted to the hockey audience.. The State of Hockey vs Canada. I mean theres a solid marketing gimmick here. But rivalry wise it makes sense. 

I think St Louis tho cuz.. Its not Chicago but.. The Blues are more recognizable than the Jets id assume with casuals? Maybe? 

Maybe no one cares about outdoor games.