Around The NHL 2019/2020

30 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Chipman is cheap man when it comes to coaches. If Seattlr offers Mo money for Maurice.. He gone

More hard-hitting analysis from the self-proclaimed insider. What proof do you have Chipman is cheap when it comes to coaches?

I like Friedman for the most part but is anyone besides him making this claim on Maurice's future?

Marc Bergevin says he doesn't want to mortgage the Habs future to make the playoffs. Makes sense,  I get it, you don't want to sell the farm, you don't want to get hoodwinked because you're desperate to make the playoffs, but if you're a Hab fan (which I'm not) when is it reasonable to suggest the future is now, make sure the cupboards are somewhat stocked for later, but play to win now.

36 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Marc Bergevin says he doesn't want to mortgage the Habs future to make the playoffs. Makes sense,  I get it, you don't want to sell the farm, you don't want to get hoodwinked because you're desperate to make the playoffs, but if you're a Hab fan (which I'm not) when is it reasonable to suggest the future is now, make sure the cupboards are somewhat stocked for later, but play to win now.

Ask Carey Price...

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

More hard-hitting analysis from the self-proclaimed insider. What proof do you have Chipman is cheap when it comes to coaches?

I like Friedman for the most part but is anyone besides him making this claim on Maurice's future?

. Hes the lowest paid coach in the league just like Claude Christmas before him. Same assistant coaches minus Compon since their rebirth. He doesn't want to hand out millions of dollars to coaches. Its a known fact. Also why do ppl care so much if Maurice is here or not? Cuz hes good with the media? 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I’m fairly sure Maurice isn’t being held hostage.  If he’s the lowest paid coach, he chose to accept the contract. Isn’t he on his second contract with the Jets?  So he chose twice. 

This is what happens when nobody else wants you also. So Friedman, has anything in his 31 thoughts ever come true? Seems to me like its just more BS from the Sportsnet guy. 

13 hours ago, Goalie said:

If i was in the room im not sure how I'd feel about him coming back. I think it would be in the best interest to move him for a 1st and D prospect

Agreed.  My caveat is, we dont know the deal.  Its possible his team mates love him and support him.  Although we've heard rumours there were issues (supposedly Wheeler/Buff had issues but Wheeler also seems to have taken some responsibility for being a hardass last season).  Recall when Trouba held out and Perreault made surprising comments that it was letting the team down...players never say that so we'd expect them to all be supportive publicly but who knows.  If there is an issue there, absolutely trade him.  Jets have been surprising in how they've managed to band-aid D this year (mostly due to Helle but still they've worked hard).  If Buff gets you a big return, make the deal.  He's the type that every contending team would see as an X factor to put them over the top.  

13 hours ago, Goalie said:

Last thing about Maurice.. Doesnt matter if he wants to be here or not. Only matters if Chevy and company want him here. 

Yeah and I think that was sort of his point too. You're right though that its not as if Maurice will say "man, I cant wait to get out of here" but he also can answer the question without saying anything one way or the other.  He made a point of saying HE wants to be here and its up to the Jets.  Makes me think the reason there is no extension is the Jets havent been convinced to do it yet.

14 hours ago, Goalie said:

. Hes the lowest paid coach in the league just like Claude Christmas before him. Same assistant coaches minus Compon since their rebirth. He doesn't want to hand out millions of dollars to coaches. Its a known fact. Also why do ppl care so much if Maurice is here or not? Cuz hes good with the media? 

Proof? Present your evidence, man.

You die on some weird hills.

Hes not an nhl goalie so i don't see the point. The point of the A is to develop nhl players.. Comrie has shown hes not that. I dont know why they would do this. Berdin has more potential. Bringing comrie back just to sit upstairs for a couple weeks is pointless. Hes a nice kid but, its time to pass. Cuz hes just not nhl calibre. Bringing him back to play for the Moose is just.. Why? 

Edited by Goalie

14 hours ago, Goalie said:

Hes not an nhl goalie so i don't see the point. The point of the A is to develop nhl players.. Comrie has shown hes not that. I dont know why they would do this. Berdin has more potential. Bringing comrie back just to sit upstairs for a couple weeks is pointless. Hes a nice kid but, its time to pass. Cuz hes just not nhl calibre. Bringing him back to play for the Moose is just.. Why? 

Griffen Outhouse 5 178:21 11 0 3.70 1 1 82 93 0.882
  Adam Carlson 2 119:10 7 0 3.52 0 2 44 51 0.863

That's why.