Around The NHL 2019/2020

https://www.tsn.ca/colorado-avalanche-f-gabriel-landeskog-lower-body-out-indefinitely-1.1389125

Colorado Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog is out indefinitely with a lower-body injury, the team announced Tuesday.

Landeskog's injury comes after Mikko Rantenen suffered a lower-body injury last week that has him ruled week-to-week.

In 11 games for the Avalanche this season, Landeskog has three goals and four assists.

The Avalanche are next in action Wednesday when they take on the Florida Panthers.

Looks like it's the Nate Mack show for now.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

that's assuming everyone ages like Lucic did. Not everyone is going to fall off a cliff. Players now are in better shape than they have ever been, and theoretically could play a lot longer.....

True for some athletes for sure however I'm seeing more and more headlines highlighting how teams are saddled with these large longer term contracts but not getting the benefits like they use too. Bobby Ryan as a most recent example. I would say freaks of nature players like Chara are still more exception than the norm. When a player is in his prime we are seeing some teams willing to give said player longer term contracts knowing down the road it will be a risk. It could be in some cases GM's living in the right now turning their head away from the future consequences of giving out a long term contract. Nature of the business I guess.

23 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Depending on what happens with Buff, Hamonic would be a good target for the Jets, especially if they think they can re-sign him.   

I said it before I'll say it again. You got UFA and he not signed for next season you trade em else you risk losing them for nada.

Tanev? Got nothing. Myers? Got nothing.

Stamkos re-signings are not the norm.

And that's my rant for the day.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I said it before I'll say it again. You got UFA and he not signed for next season you trade em else you risk losing them for nada.

Tanev? Got nothing. Myers? Got nothing.

Stamkos re-signings are not the norm.

And that's my rant for the day.

You're not trading Tanev and Myers going into the playoffs. That's just bad GMing. 

Likewise, you're not going to trade Hamonic at the deadline unless you have someone to step into his role.