Around The NHL 2019/2020

54 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Calgary Flames organization paying Milan Lucic this season millions of dollars to be an enforcer.  Brilliant. Why pay a fourthline player a quarter of that when you can take this route. 

It's the only thing he can still do somewhat effectively. He certainly didn't do much else in Edmonton.  James Neal, on the other hand, is fitting in quite well with his new team.  It's still early but the Oilers are definitely winning that trade right now.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

It's the only thing he can still do somewhat effectively. He certainly didn't do much else in Edmonton.  James Neal, on the other hand, is fitting in quite well with his new team.  It's still early but the Oilers are definitely winning that trade right now.

Neal had 7 goals last season.... he already is at 6 for this year! 

Lucic only had 6 goals last season.... this year he's had no points and 26 penalty minutes.    The Flames were doused in this trade :P 

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The Winnipeg Jets streak of 332 straight sellouts at Bell MTS Place is over. 

An announced crowd of 14,764 took in Tuesday night's game against the Arizona Coyotes, marking the first time since NHL hockey returned to Winnipeg that a full house didn't take in the action.

I don't believe that.......but I do believe this was the first time they had an ANNOUNCED attendance of less than capacity. Was bound to happen. The novelty has worn off. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't believe that.......but I do believe this was the first time they had an ANNOUNCED attendance of less than capacity. Was bound to happen. The novelty has worn off. 

Oh for sure there have been many games with visible empty seats but i guess they were paid for.