Around The NHL 2019/2020

7 hours ago, Floyd said:

Yeah... Laine is gone...

Well there was a rumour this weekend that they were close to a 3 year bridge but then it fell apart.  

Sounds like Laine’s point is that he wants top line pay because he’s a top line player and his counter argument to the question of his stats is that he was forced to play on the second line with a Center that didn’t compliment him.  

So he’s probably saying why should I sign a team friendly bridge when there is no guarantee I’m going to be used with the best players to maximize my next contract.  

29 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well there was a rumour this weekend that they were close to a 3 year bridge but then it fell apart.  

Sounds like Laine’s point is that he wants top line pay because he’s a top line player and his counter argument to the question of his stats is that he was forced to play on the second line with a Center that didn’t compliment him.  

So he’s probably saying why should I sign a team friendly bridge when there is no guarantee I’m going to be used with the best players to maximize my next contract.  

Gotta be a tough locker room - Scheifele, wheeler, Lowry, buff, even morrissey all paid their dues - but other guys trouba, roslovic, Copp feel held back

seems like Maurice is not keeping up with the new NHL...  coach’s job now is to develop talent super fast and on the fly...

that being said I’d love to see roslo-Copp-ehlers start as our second line and light it up

36 minutes ago, Goalie said:

That game last night? We still dumping and chasing. 

I mean, it was the first pre-season game of the pre-season. Don't read too much into it.

In Laine news: https://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg-jets-rfa-patrik-laine-there-are-top-lines-and-then-there-is-our-line-1.1366854

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a line of Laine and Connor on the wings with Scheifele in the middle. But that's not for me to say.

15 minutes ago, JCon said:

No. It's because he has a young family and lot of money. He loves his downtime. 

I mean, he is 34 and has dealt with his share of injury woes recently. I'm sure his quality of life after hockey matters to him, especially when you consider how much he loves the outdoors.

I just hate how much drama is surrounding this team right now. Laine holding out. Connor holding out. Now this.

The timing is telling. He's probably had doubts since the end of last year but, in the build up to the season, he probably hasn't felt the same excitement. He's sitting there, looking at his wife and his kids, thinking, "when is enough, enough."