Around The NHL 2019/2020

All indications are Jets and Laine have agreed on length.. Its a bridge.  2 or 3 years.. Gonna be 6 7 million per is my guess. 6.5 x 2 or 3 years. Gives Jets time to lose some cap for LT via buff and Seattle plus Perreault kuli etc. 

Pretty credible guy on another site says Laine is coming to Winnipeg in a few days. Usually that means a deal is imminent. 

Edited by Goalie

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

Definitely bridge Laine and then pay up if he gets back to his scoring ways.   To risky to drop the big money today on him.... 

Heard Chevy already offered a trouba style bridge - if I’m Laine, why take a bridge longer than one year... he knows he’ll get $10 million from someone 

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

All indications are Jets and Laine have agreed on length.. Its a bridge.  2 or 3 years.. Gonna be 6 7 million per is my guess. 6.5 x 2 or 3 years. Gives Jets time to lose some cap for LT via buff and Seattle plus Perreault kuli etc. 

Pretty credible guy on another site says Laine is coming to Winnipeg in a few days. Usually that means a deal is imminent. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if they announced Laine and Connor at the same time.  

I know it probably is but the longer this takes the more I'm thinking he'll ask for a trade.

But I have to keep reminding myself it's just preseason action this month, all this really does is test the vets and see which AHL players are ready to be promoted to the big time not to mention see if the draft picks are ready

Edited by iHeart

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

I know it probably is but the longer this takes the more I'm thinking he'll ask for a trade.

But I have to keep reminding myself it's just preseason action this month, all this really does is test the vets and see which AHL players are ready to be promoted to the big time

Ask for trade all he wants but he's here until he's 25 ala Trouba.

Laine going to train with the Swiss is a good thing, fact hes training means hes gonna be playing soon. Exhibition in NHL is worse than the CFL and longer. 

More games. If Laine and Connor were sitting at home not training id be concerned. 

Bern Winnipeg.. Its the same thing. 

Buff took an LOA and rumors are possible retirement coming soon or less insane. 

Expect preseason cuts soon. Feeling is some teams are gonna play their starters if u will more. 

Monday.. Comrie starts

Tuesday.. CUT!!!

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The buff rumours about retirement are all fan driven.  It’s all over the HF boards with no sources.  The story goes he considered  retirement last season.  But he was here skating so unless he suddenly felt his heart wasn’t in it I don’t really buy it.  

PaMa said it was "nothing sinister" leading me to believe it's totally sinister.