Around The NHL 2019/2020

50 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

https://www.nhlpa.com/news/1-17569/40-players-elect-salary-arbitration

40 players in total filed for arbitration, two of which are Jets.

Image result for I stand corrected

I also didn't phrase properly.  In 2018 40 of 44 arb cases were settled before they got to arbitration.  I wonder what the number will be this year?  I just remember the Jets being pretty pissed off last year when Trouba made them go the full length of the negotiations and still went to the arbitrator anyway.  Maybe I am mis-remembering.

21 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Image result for I stand corrected

I also didn't phrase properly.  In 2018 40 of 44 arb cases were settled before they got to arbitration.  I wonder what the number will be this year?  I just remember the Jets being pretty pissed off last year when Trouba made them go the full length of the negotiations and still went to the arbitrator anyway.  Maybe I am mis-remembering.

Well, Trouba and Copp both have the same agent.  So there is that. 

Look up how many of Kurt Overhardt’s clients go to arbitration or hold out. 

Whose up for a Fantasy Trade Thread?

On 1290 this morning the question was do you trade Kyle Conner for Matthew Tkachuk?

The vote was split. Jim thought KC could be a point a game player while the other guy(?) picked MT saying MT had more points then KC and he was playing with Backlund and Frolik.

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Whose up for a Fantasy Trade Thread?

On 1290 this morning the question was do you trade Kyle Conner for Matthew Tkachuk?

The vote was split. Jim thought KC could be a point a game player while the other guy(?) picked MT saying MT had more points then KC and he was playing with Backlund and Frolik.

I'd take Tkachuk.

18 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So if he's bought out then he could be signed relatively cheap since the rangers are paying him 5.7m to not play. Am I right?

He'll get paid whatever someone is willing to pay him. I would bet someone on the East Coast will take him. 

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So if he's bought out then he could be signed relatively cheap since the rangers are paying him 5.7m to not play. Am I right?

He will sign with an East Coast team. He'd never sign here and personally i wouldn't want him here. 

You should hear the howls today in Calgary over the arena deal. Living here, I think most Calgarians wanted to see a new building. Not so much for hockey but for the fact almost every major act bypasses our city for Edmonton as the roof on the Saddledome is too low & it can't support the equipment being used for sounds & effects.  If we want to see any bands or entertainers we have to drive to Edmonton. The vocal minority (I believe) are making themselves known on social media.

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You should hear the howls today in Calgary over the arena deal. Living here, I think most Calgarians wanted to see a new building. Not so much for hockey but for the fact almost every major act bypasses our city for Edmonton as the roof on the Saddledome is too low & it can't support the equipment being used for sounds & effects.  If we want to see any bands or entertainers we have to drive to Edmonton. The vocal minority (I believe) are making themselves known on social media.

the one thing I will never understand about Alberta is this idea that you can't ever spend tax dollars on anything. You need to save, always.....for what? Well, that doesn't matter....just don't spend it....ever. Calgary is a world class city...you deserve world class facilities!! 

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the one thing I will never understand about Alberta is this idea that you can't ever spend tax dollars on anything. You need to save, always.....for what? Well, that doesn't matter....just don't spend it....ever. Calgary is a world class city...you deserve world class facilities!! 

Some where in Calgary a horse cries.

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

They don’t have $$ because there’s no sales tax ha... it’s not that they don’t want to do it

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

Looks like we're getting it.