GDT: Argos @ 'Riders

Join the rest of the nation and celebrate one of our country's greatest pastimes - watching the 'Riders lose! Celebrations start 7:00PM ET as we mark the 2nd anniversary of the first ever loss at Mosaic Stadium, hopefully they can continue their trend of ineptitude with a spectacular 0-3 start to the year!

30 minutes ago, Fraser said:

I would really like the riders to lose but even my bias against them has some bounds. I don't think the riders are as much of a tire fire as the Argos.

While I agree with your assessment, it is the CFL and anything could happen... just hoping for a good game and not another blowout against the Argos.

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

So are most of the Rider fans.

glad we have farmers, but the other day I tuned in ckrm, to listen to the Riders broadcast, and heard an advertisement for

a manure spreader.

lol.

initially though it was an ad for the Rider game broadcast.

(snare shot!)

(I kid, I kid, actually I think their game broadcast is good)

Edited by Mark F

Last time Saskatchewan has hosted a Canada Day game? in 2017 (Wpg). Winnipeg won 43-40 in O.T. ..Glenn & Nichols combined for 8 TD passes.

Field positionBoth of these teams have been disadvantaged in their drive starts. Each by about 7 yards on average. 👁‍🗨So, that means they’re starting out even, right?

Fajardo's Debut QB Start: Last week Cody Fajardo made his CFL starting debut to great success though they fell just short of winning the game. Fajardo passed for 360 yards (the MOST ever by a SSK QB making his CFL debut start) and 2 TDs with an Efficiency rate of 132.0. His 27 completions and 79.2% mark were also club records for a debut start and his 2 TD passes tied 6 others.

👁‍🗨However, against a defence like Hamilton, he was 52.9% for 66 yards.

The Argos are just 1-10 in their last 11 reg. season games dating back to August 2018.

Toronto had an 0-9 road record last year and have 3 wins in their last 24 games away from home heading into this week (3-21).

Kyran Moore was near perfect last week catching 5 of his 6 targeted throws for a team-high 117 yards.

Charleston Hughes recorded two Sacks last week to move up to 116 in 166 career games. He has had at least one Sack in 80 of his 166 career games.

Last week, William Powell was limited to just 2 carries for 2 yards in the 2nd half vs Ottawa with a fumble.

McLeod Bethel-Thompson come on in relief of James Franklin and led Toronto's TD drive (75 yards in 12 plays).

The Riders' defence has yet to force a Turnover in 2019.

In throws of 20+ yards downfield last week, Cody Fajardo went 5-of8 for 124 yards and 2 TDs.

The Toronto defence allowed 6 consecutive TD drives to Hamilton last week.

The Riders captured the 2018 set with Toronto winning both games extending their winning streak over Toronto to 5 games in a row - Toronto's last win in Regina was on Jun 30/16.

👁‍🗨Could be an interesting game?!?

44 minutes ago, Mark F said:

wanted to get some comedy material from Riderfans.org, but as usual, it's down.

Hi Mark - I also found the site down - I wanted to see what the folks over there were thinking regarding TO coming to town - but the site seems to be down a lot this week.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

glad we have farmers, but the other day I tuned in ckrm, to listen to the Riders broadcast, and heard an advertisement for a manure spreader.

lol.

initially though it was an ad for the Rider game broadcast.

(snare shot!)

(I kid, I kid, actually I think their game broadcast is good)

That may have been a political ad. Or a promo for their GM.