Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

If it is so easy then why are the Bombers 6-2? Why have they won amongst the most games cumulatively the last few seasons? Why is Harris always one of the top yardage guys in the league? 

Harris is the star of this offense, God damn rights they're going to use him a lot.

The best special teams and return game we have in my life time. Defense among the best for points against. Because harris is the top guy in terms of useage every year here, and in his time here no one else has been nearly as run heavy as us. 

Its a big difference between using him alot, and him being our only hope. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Well according to Andrew Harris that's the game plan so.....

i 100% believe that he is our 2nd check down at least on 3/4s of passing plays. Its a chicken or the egg situation. Is the pass game gimped because of nichols or is nichols gimped because our play call is gimped. I think its both to an extent. Clearly nichols has played poorly the last few weeks over all and early was taking massive advantage of the incredible field position (not by any means a bad thing) and its also clear plop gets overly conservative and out thinks him self. Instead of off setting each others weakness, they compound the same problem. Hense the plop vs nichols thread. Replace plop in season gives us the best chance at improving this year. As we arent going to just get an elite qb dropped into our lap. However, our ability to retain plop past this season is much stronger and I think he brings more long term value. Not an easy decision. And not a decision that is going to be made now or tomorrow. But it is a discussion and real concern. Right now thats our primary limiting factor. If it wasnt for that, we would be the biggest favorite to win a GC since the lopsided 90s. 

2 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

that's me in the front, trying to do a cart wheel... :) 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nope, this is me in the 1909 Grey Cup.  I flew higher than the Wright Brothers that day.

HC34XTLVQZFSZLDOW7NPNQHZ4E

The 1909 Grey Cup was played at Rosedale Field in Toronto - 400 yards from where I grew up as a kid, 50 years later. There's a plaque there commemorating the game. First Grey Cup Game.

In part the offence is trending down because:

We were ahead of most teams at the beginning of they year because we didn't have as many changes to make. They've caught up now.

It's way easier to score against the bottom teams in the league than it is against top half teams like Calgary.

We got a few huge plays early in games that put us way out in front. Nichols is streaky and when things go well he usually plays well.

11 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

In part the offence is trending down because:

We were ahead of most teams at the beginning of they year because we didn't have as many changes to make. They've caught up now.

It's way easier to score against the bottom teams in the league than it is against top half teams like Calgary.

We got a few huge plays early in games that put us way out in front. Nichols is streaky and when things go well he usually plays well.

Didn’t have as many changes...?  New interior OL, new slotback - seems like a weird excuse

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Is this a joke? You were the one talking about how far back our team was going to be because we were starting 3 new OL. 

Do you even process some of the stuff you write? 

5 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

First point is wrong...  Toronto has a crap defense...    Hamilton is/was super easy to run against....  Ottawa was able to put up points against Calgary. 

Second point I agree with... the guy plays emotional and has way to many ups and down.  This is why it might be wise to sit him for 1 - 2 series to calm down when things are not going right. 

14 minutes ago, Brandon said:

First point is wrong...  Toronto has a crap defense...    Hamilton is/was super easy to run against....  Ottawa was able to put up points against Calgary. 

Second point I agree with... the guy plays emotional and has way to many ups and down.  This is why it might be wise to sit him for 1 - 2 series to calm down when things are not going right. 

I assume that you are referring to the last 90 seconds of the game.

30 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Toronto is a bottom team with a crap defence. Same goes for BC. Ottawa has the worst yards against in the league.