Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless

4 hours ago, Sard said:

Look at the first few games of this season, the return game was giving our O such short fields that they couldn't have generated a ton of yards even if they wanted to.  When you've only got to go 50 yards or less to score a TD, you're not going to rack up many yards.

Except for the two and outs especially late. A lot of starting from mid field followed by punting from mid field too. 

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Trevor Harris? Really? Guy who makes short passes and can't hit the endzone? Y'all ***** about Nichols for the same crap but at least he scores touchdowns.

I am absolutely positive, beyond any shadow of doubt that if Harris were the QB for the Bombers and Nichols were the QB for the Eskimos and they were putting up the exact same numbers they have now, you’d be singing Harris’ praises and talking about how Nichols can’t push the ball downfield and relies on short passes.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

If we had a time machine then Ricky Ray would be awesome...  unfortunately he's done.    

That's why Reilly would be more doable...  I'm sure if Hervey loses a few more he would be dumb enough to make a move. 

So you want to swap our QB who’s won 6 games for another QB who’s won 1 game this year? 

Holy **** 

Just now, B-F-F-C said:

So you want to swap our QB who’s won 6 games for another QB who’s won 1 game this year? 

Holy **** 

If you think Nichols gives this team a better chance to win than Reilly, there really is no reasoning with you. A trade isn’t going to happen and Reilly is likely far too expensive but if given a legitimate opportunity to make that deal, anyone with half a brain does it. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Well we have one of the tallest (Matthews) and one of the fasted (Whitehead) and 2 guys (Adams and Lawler) who combine a nice combo of both...so....lets use them accordingly lol

My biggest beef with LaPo is that we have the talent as you say but the game plan just wastes that talent away. Matthews & Whitehead barely used. We have a wideout in Wolitarsky who could be a thousand yard player yet he sees two or 3 balls a game if that. Under LaPo not only do we have an ultra conservative, take few chances, sit on a lead, go into your shell offense but we don't utilize our personnel to their fullest extent except Harris.  We should be lighting it up with the players we have on offense but we don't as we have one of the worst OC's calling plays.

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

My biggest beef with LaPo is that we have the talent as you say but the game plan just wastes that talent away. Matthews & Whitehead barely used. We have a wideout in Wolitarsky who could be a thousand yard player yet he sees two or 3 balls a game if that. Under LaPo not only do we have an ultra conservative, take few chances, sit on a lead, go into your shell offense but we don't utilize our personnel to their fullest extent except Harris.  We should be lighting it up with the players we have on offense but we don't as we have one of the worst OC's calling plays.

Lapo watches Nichols throw every practise every game...maybe he only gives him what he can handle (?)

I agree with you that O'Shea will ride and die with Nichols this season.... so I am just going with the flow as well, I will cheer Matty on every start of every game. .....  and I will share opinions after the games.  All in fun and I hope the team gets it done this year.

Edited by NorthernSkunk
Spelling again....

20 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

The team won the six games.

YOU got to lose this Nichols hate....sure the team won....but if your team has a shitty goalie..a shitty pitcher...and a shitty qb...you are usually a shitty team...drop it already

Do i wish Nichols showed more at times..sure...do I think if he plays a clean game and we score 20+ or more points (as a team) do i think he gives us the chance to win 9 times outta ten...yup i do

Edited by Booch

1 minute ago, Booch said:

YOU got to lose this Nichols hate....sure the team won....but if your team has a shitty goalie..a shitty pitcher...and a shitty qb...you are usually a shitty team...drop it already

What ?   I am not hating anything.  I was taught here that they are team wins,  and I repeated it. 

The bombers have not won but one playoff game in 6 years.... is that a shitty thing ?

10 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Lapo watches Nichols throw every practise every game...maybe he only gives him what he can handle (?)

I agree with you that O'Shea will ride and die with Nichols this season.... so I am just going with the flow as well, I will cheer Matty on every start of every game. .....  and I will share opinions after the games.  All in fun and I hope the team gets it done this year.

Nichols will probably be our qb next year if LaPo returns. They'll sign him to a new deal. Such is what you get with O'Shea.

considering that the only free agents next year are Arbuckle..Streveler...most likely Bridge and other random back-ups...whom else do you suggest the Bombers sign??...Nichols is already under contract regardless, so he will be here...possibly re-structured, but Strev will be signed with incentive, and caveat that if he wins out as starter, he will get proper compensation for first time starter contract...can deal with the Nichols issues then after camp

52 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Holy **** 

In a heart beat I wouldn't even need one second to think about it.    Are you kidding me you would take Nichols over Reilly????

That's insanity. 

Wins and Losses are not everything -  Look at Bishop in Toronto with his 12 straight wins or whatever it was.  Come on now. 

Just now, Nash00 said:

Just my opinion, but I don't want to pay Reilly's salary to run Lapo's offense.

In all honesty, the Lions could use some OC experience and would benefit from Lapo, so he would have to be part of the trade. But, yeah, they wouldn't work well together, I don't think.