Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless

4 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

With a league this week, every game doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. Losing to this Argos team is unacceptable on a number of levels but better to happen in August than November. 

Obviously the stakes are higher during the playoffs but that goes without saying. Other than the playoff games themselves, the point of winning during the regular season is to gain home playoff advantage. In our case, host the West final or as a consolation the West semi-final or at least make the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Any idea why the command center called down and corrected a meaningless spot in the Rider game tonight, but couldnt be bothered to do the same for the Bombers?

Because the CFL has been a joke for years and will never be taken seriously as a legitimate professional sports league because there is zero consistency in how the league is run or officiated as a whole.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Any idea why the command center called down and corrected a meaningless spot in the Rider game tonight, but couldnt be bothered to do the same for the Bombers?

Are you suggesting the command centre doesn't care about getting the call right where we're concerned? Are you suggesting Mike O'Shea doesn't care about getting the call right where we're concerned? 

I haven't given up on Nichols but my confidence in him is majorly shaken. I don't think Streveler is the answer & as I said, there's no backup qb on any roster that is ready to take over if traded. We're stuck with Matt & will be for the rest of the season. I just hope the guy bounces back.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I haven't given upon Nichols but my confidence in him is majorly shaken. I don't think Streveler is the answer & as I said, there's no backup qb on any roster that is ready to take over if traded. We're stuck with Matt & will be for the rest of the season. I just hope the guy bounces back.

How do you know this?

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

The way he throws the ball. His mechanics. Accuracy.

You said "there's no backup qb on any roster that is ready to take over if traded". They all can't throw a ball with good mechanics or accuracy? How do you know?

Nichols looked like he didn't have a chance out there tonight. He looked panicked on almost every throw and threw it away even more than usual. This looked like early 2016 Willy before he lost the job to Nichols. Constant checkdowns and throwaways. Harris put the team on his back and Nichols couldn't make a play against the worst secondary in the league.

It kills me to say it but it looks like those trash Rider fans have been right all along. Nichols is and always will be a ham 'n egger. No consistency, too conservative, cant/wont stretch the field, cant handle the pass rush, panics too quickly, cant go through his reads, mentally fragile. This team is going nowhere with him at the helm. Im convinced of this now.

8 hours ago, Atomic said:

Nichols looked like he didn't have a chance out there tonight. He looked panicked on almost every throw and threw it away even more than usual. This looked like early 2016 Willy before he lost the job to Nichols. Constant checkdowns and throwaways. Harris put the team on his back and Nichols couldn't make a play against the worst secondary in the league.

I can't disagree with any of this. 

8 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

So yer throwing him to the boo-birds next week bigtime eh.....

I gave up on him last season,  if a QB can't make a simple routine pass despite having time to throw the ball....  that's enough for me to jump off the bandwagon. 

Last season our receivers continuously had to dive,  scoop,  stretch ,  jump just to make a routine catch.  So rarely did they get the ball in the mitts.  

This season Nichols struggled with the same but at least he was making accurate deep throws.   The last two games is a lot like last year.   

I have a question. Up until two weeks ago, after the games except perhaps the Edmonton game the word around town was LaPo had called a good game.  After the last two the word is Nichols just lost them. Yesterday, we had a great first quarter. In the second we had a turnover but at 20-0 that was quite manageable. Then things changed.  Nichols was throwing lots of passes away and Harris was no longer used. Why was that? Had LaPo changed his game plan or was Nichols telling him to go fly a kite and not interfere?

I would suggest Nichols is a team player and does what LaPo tells him to do. Now, maybe Nichols has blinders and can't see other receivers and throws it away. Anyway, I just can't see Nichols going rogue on his boss. He's the guy that can ask to sit him down.

So the question is: might it be that LaPo gets cold feet after getting a substantial lead and goes into a shell totally oblivious to what is happening around him? 13th man syndrome.

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

It kills me to say it but it looks like those trash Rider fans have been right all along. Nichols is and always will be a ham 'n egger. No consistency, too conservative, cant/wont stretch the field, cant handle the pass rush, panics too quickly, cant go through his reads, mentally fragile. This team is going nowhere with him at the helm. Im convinced of this now.

Can't help but agree with you. When the rubber hits the road and you need that 1st and Ten or a game winning drive I really don't like our chances with MN at the helm. We may make the playoffs (maybe) but with MN at the controls it will be a quick one and done.

21 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I can't help but ask, can anyone else see these friends?

Hating causes you to live a shorter life.  I have lots of friends and we have tons of laughs.  Life is sweet these days....gonna go sit on the beach this afternoon and collect my share of the suns rays today.  

And I am predicting that Nichols and the Bombers get back on track against Calgary next week and show the league they are for real this year. 

Edited by NorthernSkunk