Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless

7 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

I think I've figured out who the Nichols witch hunt leader is.  Marshall Ferguson of CFL.ca and I wouldn't be surprised if he's a certain poster here.  Man, what a fake list of QB accuracy ratings he has.

I hope he gets asked to go on the TSN game panel so Burris and Dunnigan can rip him apart for it.

Not surprised it's someone with the Riders.

Nichols. What a ******* bum.   We should cut him.  

Lol at all the doubters.   Sorry. But right now atleast I wouldn’t swap any other qbs in the league, healthy or otherwise.  

Hoping we pull him and get the other qbs some reps.  

I thought Nichols was lights out in the first and hot garbage in the 2nd.   His deep balls have been great ,  however the guy seems to not be able to find any guys in the 7 - 20 yard range at all.  Streveler despite his bad int was at least able to complete mid range passes.

It feels like Nichols can hit a guy deep or flip it to Harris for a 3 yard gain.   I really wished in the 2nd half that he was able to put together some drives since he did have time to throw.

To put tonight's game in to perspective.  This isnt whining.. Its fact and ill say i dont know how much of this is on lapo... But nichols had 2 huge passes for about 135 yards give or take.  He was about 19 of 25 ish... That means 16 or 17 other passes = about 80 85 yards. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

To put tonight's game in to perspective.  This isnt whining.. Its fact and ill say i dont know how much of this is on lapo... But nichols had 2 huge passes for about 135 yards give or take.  He was about 19 of 25 ish... That means 16 or 17 other passes = about 80 85 yards. 

Go away please. Just go away.  What do you want?  Would you rather Nichols had MBT stats and took the loss?   

**** it's frustrating coming on the site after a win!

Edited by B-F-F-C

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I thought Nichols was lights out in the first and hot garbage in the 2nd.   His deep balls have been great ,  however the guy seems to not be able to find any guys in the 7 - 20 yard range at all.  Streveler despite his bad int was at least able to complete mid range passes.

It feels like Nichols can hit a guy deep or flip it to Harris for a 3 yard gain.   I really wished in the 2nd half that he was able to put together some drives since he did have time to throw.

Really?  And all this time I thought I kept hearing he was a lousy deep ball thrower

3 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Go away please. Just go away.  What do you want?  Would you rather Nichols had MBT stats and took the loss?   

**** it's frustrating coming on the site after a win!

Lol. You go away and accept facts.. CFL is a passing league. 17 for 85 or so means we arent moving the ball in the air... Means we arent getting 1st downs.. I keep hearing "game manager". How is 2 big passes but 17 for 85 managing the game? 

Lord almighty it just doesn't stop with these nuts on their fishing expedition.

Man ... Lol "hot garbage" in the second half.  Yeah, I'm certain Lapolice's usual conservative ways when having a big lead or getting a bit shaken from a hit had nothing to do with that.  Nothing at all lol

I actually am disappointed I didn't see more of Streveler has in this game because I would have enjoyed ....

1. Discussing his play as a scrambling game manager

2. Turning the attempts by the witch hunters to use him as an anti Nichols propaganda vehicle against them.  The Nichols detractors can never put their money where their mouth is, how bout they do it for once?  Lol

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lol. You go away and accept facts.. CFL is a passing league. 17 for 85 or so means we arent moving the ball in the air... Means we arent getting 1st downs.. I keep hearing "game manager". How is 2 big passes but 17 for 85 managing the game? 

WRONG!!!

Guess you forgot Andrew Harris picks up a bunch of those on the the ground

3 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Man ... Lol "hot garbage" in the second half.  Yeah, I'm certain Lapolice's usual conservative ways when having a big lead or getting a bit shaken from a hit had nothing to do with that.  Nothing at all lol

I actually am disappointed I didn't see more of Streveler has in this game because I would have enjoyed ....

2. Turning the attempts by the witch hunters to use him as an anti Nichols propaganda vehicle against them.  The Nichols detractors can never put their money where their mouth is, how bout they do it for once?  Lol

Your problem is you think ppl dont like Nichols.. I like him. But putting up most your yards in 2 plays and then half of those 2 in 17 other passes isnt being a game manager and its not playing good. 

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

WRONG!!!

Guess you forgot Andrew Harris picks up a bunch of those on the the ground

Whats your ******* point.... And when Harris isnt going.. Nichols still puts up 2 big passes and a bunch for 3 yards. 

The real whining is ppl refusing to accept facts about our O play. Yup. Harris. Guess what tho.. There's been games where Harris has sucked also.. Nichols still puts up just over 200 yards

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Your problem is you think ppl dont like Nichols.. I like him. But putting up most your yards in 2 plays and then half of those 2 in 17 other passes isnt being a game manager and its not playing good. 

Yeah cuz I guess our team can only move the ball in the air and has no running game or kick returners ...

Oh wait

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Whats your ******* point.... And when Harris isnt going.. Nichols still puts up 2 big passes and a bunch for 3 yards. 

The real whining is ppl refusing to accept facts about our O play. Yup. Harris. Guess what tho.. There's been games where Harris has sucked also.. Nichols still puts up just over 200 yards

He had over 100 yards on the ground again tonight so this is a phony narrative.

Ridiculous and baseless argument

2 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

He had over 100 yards on the ground again tonight so this is a phony narrative.

Ridiculous and baseless argument

You can pretend this is this game exclusive all you want.. This is our O for 3 seasons now. If Harris sucks like he did 2 weeks ago.. We don't move the ball in the air. 

Do you watch every game? Cuz when Harris isnt going... We dont move the ball through the air. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You can pretend this is this game exclusive all you want.. This is our O for 3 seasons now. If Harris sucks like he did 2 weeks ago.. We don't move the ball in the air. 

Do you watch every game? Cuz when Harris isnt going... We dont move the ball through the air. 

Yup as well as other teams in whose QBs like Mike Reilly also have sub 300 yards.

This is fake stat phony propaganda at its finest.  End of debate.

2 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Yup as well as other teams in whose QBs like Mike Reilly also have sub 300 yards.

This is fake stat phony propaganda at its finest.  End of debate.

Lol. U just can't accept reality. Its a joke actually.. 

Bring up Reilly like that's relevant some how.. Reillys worst game as a pro at that

Just now, Goalie said:

Lol. U just can't accept reality. Its a joke actually.. 

Bring up Reilly like that's relevant some how.. Reillys worst game as a pro at that

No, you just only believe passing yards matter if Nichols is under center and throw them out the window for everyone else.  You're on a witch hunt and that's how it's done.  You just bring up the fake stats outside of Nichols deep balls because they have to mean something to you.

Well too damn bad cuz they don't.  This is phony propaganda and you'll never prove otherwise.

26 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Since I've asked you this twice now, how bout for once you tell us in what way(s) Nichols is a better QB than Streveler. Seriously, because the only argument I can make on Nichols' behalf is that he is more risk averse than Streveler, a point which could be argued both ways and could actually fall into Lapo's lap anyway. Otherwise, I think arguments could be made that Chris throws better, certainly runs better, and is far more likely to try to make a play rather than turtle with the ball or throw it away at the first sign of trouble, a trait seen by the better QBs of our league like Reilly and Mitchell.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Lapo problems 

45 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

No, you just only believe passing yards matter if Nichols is under center and throw them out the window for everyone else.  You're on a witch hunt and that's how it's done.  You just bring up the fake stats outside of Nichols deep balls because they have to mean something to you.

Well too damn bad cuz they don't.  This is phony propaganda and you'll never prove otherwise.

Nobody except you brings up passing yards... Seriously.. Get a legit grip on reality.. Nobody GAF about passing yards.. But when u get 60 percent of them in 2 passes and 40 percent in 17 other attempts.. Despite you actually not reading peoples posts cuz nobody has said passing yards matter, its a problem. You aren't moving the ball in the air consistently. You lose your **** cuz in your head its 2 things.. 1. Yards. 2. Matt Nchols vs Streveler

Nobody has said either of those tho.. Do u even read posts? Cuz all I've said is consistency is a problem with the passing game. If you don't think consistently moving the ball in the air matters in the CFL.. You must be new. 

Edited by Goalie