Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless

6 hours ago, Ripper said:

Be a tough sell to the fan base but wouldn't it be nice to see Shreveller start 3 games to see what you got before you have to decide on Nichols. Shreveller's deal is up at end of year, are you ok letting him walk? 

You should just go with "Big Chris" until you learn how to spell his name. 

2 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Aside from the occasional misguided jab, Ripper is respectful on here. Nothing he’s saying in this thread is out of line. I realize he’s a Rider fan on a Bomber forum but we’re being a little juvenile. And yes, I realize he often sings a slightly less friendly tune on RF.com.

RF.com won't allow some of us to participate.  

3 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

You should just go with "Big Chris" until you learn how to spell his name. 

Sask education system for you. 

The Riders get a couple of decent outings against ultra weak defences and think they are world beaters. Fajardo is going to get pasted against the elite of the CFL. Many of his passes are lame ducks that a decent D will pick off. I have a feeling he will be coming back to earth with a crash, not a gentle landing, starting this week.

BTW, Ripper....your team is 1-2 this year. Worry about that...not our undefeated QB....because right now you guys are not a contending club.

Edited by gcn11

So much worry about offensive numbers... Winnipeg doesn't play for offensive numbers. They play safe, which means low risk on offense and rely on special teams to shift field position in their favour and defense to get the ball back for them.

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

30 100 was attendance.  Let me know when you ever have that. When the Riders aren't there

they can announce whatever they want...but when you see huge swaths on tv in upper deck totally empty then that tells me nope..no sell out...same with other sections...but I guess all those people in those sections decided as a group to not come for some inexplicable reason eh Rip's? ;)

and not to beat a dead horse to death...with noting else to spend $$ on at a professional event there should be no reason at all to not sell out every game...

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

30 100 was attendance.  Let me know when you ever have that. When the Riders aren't there

The FACT of the matter is that Regina is a one sport/complete lack of entertainment city. Go on crowing about your 30000 fans, we will enjoy our multiple professional sports options, many large scale event opportunities, and multitude of entertainment options and spread our money around while still pulling in 27-28k. You really think that coming on here and demonstrating how badly you lack options makes US look bad.

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

they can announce whatever they want...but when you see huge swaths on tv in upper deck totally empty then that tells me nope..no sell out...same with other sections...but I guess all those people in those sections decided as a group to not come for some inexplicable reason eh Rip's? ;)

and not to beat a dead horse to death...with noting else to spend $$ on at a professional event there should be no reason at all to not sell out every game...

Don't feed the troll. At any rate, Regina is renowned for creative attendance numbers. Everyone works in synch in that province to make sure the party line is toed. Right from the President and media on down to the trolls that go to other fan forums and flap their gums to try and alleviate an inferiority complex.

11 hours ago, Ripper said:

I am way harder on my own team than I am on anyone else's.  I want to win the cup every year. shouldn't be a problem should it.  Right now we are still trying to hammer out how Gainer got addicted to crystal meth

Yeah wtf happened There?

Did he suddenly developed a poor self body image coupled with an eating disorder?

Invested a tapeworm during the off-season in bora bora?

Gainer needs to see the physician stat!

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Who says he'll walk?

No one. The question referred to other teams showing interest and the Bombers letting him go. I'm sure he would rather stay and be a backup for less money than get a chance to be a starter elsewhere for more cash. What was I thinking

2 hours ago, Booch said:

I was there and it was a good crowd. After the rain hit I'd say maybe 18-20k fans were still there.  There was a solid 30 in there when game started, believe what you want, doesn't matter to me.

17 hours ago, White Out said:

Is he flashy? No. Is he going to be a top 3 QB ever? No. He's a game manager with a very reasonable salary. 

very reasonable compared to Bo-Levi and Reilly's new salaries?  I believe at least year's rates (and Nichols signed the contract with this year's salary back in 2016) he would be a top 3 guy.

Bo-Levi & Reilly both got overpaid, I don't think anyone is going to dispute that.  A top QB in this league should be making $550 - 600K tops if they want to keep talent around them.

At the current rate, there's no way we'd be able to keep Nichols & Streveller next season, as I would think some other team would be willing to take a chance on Streveller and pay him north of 300-350K.  Something will have to give... and unless Nichols goes lights out this season and gets us a Grey Cup, I can't see how you stand by and let the young guy walk!

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah, that's why they needed a telethon. 

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

I was there and it was a good crowd. After the rain hit I'd say maybe 18-20k fans were still there.  There was a solid 30 in there when game started, believe what you want, doesn't matter to me.

So the empty seats in upper deck after kickoff..among other sections amounted to only about 1000 people...find that hard to believe but drink it up...