Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, just the way he came on here. Acted like a know it all Rider fan acting smarter than the rest of us.

I'm with you.......all of a sudden there's this deluge of crazy people showing up here with insane opinions. Differing opinions I have no problem with....crazy people is another story. 

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, just the way he came on here.  Anyone who takes Ripper's side is usually a Rider fan.  Came across with a chip on his shoulder,. From his comments, looks like he had the same issues on TEP.

all that from me posting Fajardo 's stat line from last night's game? lol...  and I wasn't necessarily taking Ripper's side, just pointing out that it was a pretty impressive stat line, regardless of who you play. then when you consider what he's done in 2 and half games... but that's beside the point...

but no chip on my shoulder... and I don't know what a 'TEP' is but I've got no issues... now that's not to say that some Nichols' fans may have issues with me because they have difficulties at time accepting reality, but... me? no issues? I'm good to go... 

8 hours ago, Booch said:

Hey after the rain delay t was a 7-7 tie after the Argo's decided to put forth a bit of effort and fight...and no...it wasn't that the Riders took foot off the gas so don't even go there....and all the talk about a record breaking pace in reference to Dunnigans's game was funny as well...

That rain delay saved them. It gave them 2 hours to regroup from the **** kicking they were getting. 

On ‎2019‎-‎07‎-‎01 at 12:53 PM, Geebrr said:

You know the Riders would cut a perfectly healthy Collaros to get Nichols, right? 

2018 Nichols

Maybe you all would feel better believing that, so go with it.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

People can have any opinion they want, all that matters is whether they are comfortable defending that opinion in a logical manner. 

You believe crazy **** cause it's what you feel and don't want it questioned at all, well then you can piss off, but if you're willing and able to justify it then all good.

if you're speaking to me, I have zero problem with anyone disagreeing or questioning my opinion, thoughts, or logic... further more, I enjoy discussing these difference with those that want to do as I've found over the years that I've learned way more from those I disagree with than those that agree, in most cases...   but if people rather call names and make personal attacks, well, I guess we can go that route as well... you'll get what you give with me... 

37 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, just the way he came on here.  Anyone who takes Ripper's side is usually a Rider fan.  Came across with a chip on his shoulder,. From his comments, looks like he had the same issues on TEP.

No one ever takes my side here. LOL  I know I'm on my own

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Maybe you all would feel better believing that, so go with it.

It’s more than likely true only because Collaros is both terrible and almost certainly nearing the end. It wouldn’t be a massive upgrade but it would be an upgrade. 

Just now, Ripper said:

No one ever takes my side here. LOL  I know I'm on my own

not promising you that I'll take your side, but I will promise you I won't be a straight up **** to you... but when or if you're right, I'll have no problem acknowledging it...

9 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

all that from me posting Fajardo 's stat line from last night's game? lol...  and I wasn't necessarily taking Ripper's side, just pointing out that it was a pretty impressive stat line, regardless of who you play. then when you consider what he's done in 2 and half games... but that's beside the point...

but no chip on my shoulder... and I don't know what a 'TEP' is but I've got no issues... now that's not to say that some Nichols' fans may have issues with me because they have difficulties at time accepting reality, but... me? no issues? I'm good to go... 

Goting to say something that might actually shock you, but here it goes:  Your opinion is not "reality" nor is it "truth", it's just your opinion.  Nothing more than that.  Sorry to burst your bubble.

2 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

It’s more than likely true only because Collaros is both terrible and almost certainly nearing the end. It wouldn’t be a massive upgrade but it would be an upgrade. 

Collaros being 1 more hit away from being unable to play, probably... Collaros with out the multiple head bums?  hard pass for me if I'm SSK...

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

I wouldn't even consider him for 500k, He is at least 100k over paid.  I don't like him at all, at any price to be honest but IF the Riders brought him in Cost would be a huge consideration. He doesn't bring much to the table to warrant that salary whether anyone here wants to admit it or not

Just now, WBBFanWest said:

Goting to say something that might actually shock you, but here it goes:  Your opinion is not "reality" nor is it "truth", it's just your opinion.  Nothing more than that.  Sorry to burst your bubble.

agree 100%, but when it is actual reality and actual truth, I'm talking fact based narrative, not "I think he sucks" type of crap, it's not an opinion, it is reality...  no bubble busted here, but thanks for the insight...

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I wouldn't even consider him for 500k, He is at least 100k over paid.  I don't like him at all, at any price to be honest but IF the Riders brought him in Cost would be a huge consideration. He doesn't bring much to the table to warrant that salary whether anyone here wants to admit it or not

Believe me, I think very little of Nichols but he’s the best of the bad QBs in the CFL. I suppose he doesn’t do much for the Riders in this hypothetical scenario because this really should be the time for you guys to seek out the future QB as the roster isn’t great right now and you have the luxury of time with minimal win now pressure. 

4 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

as this is the end of a contract year for Nichols, it will be interesting to see what his 'ask' is in regards to pay...

Realistically he should be the 4th or 5th highest paid QB as he is the 4th or 5th best QB and a tenured veteran. I don't know know what that dollar value is? Reilly and BLM are overpaid IMO

15 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Believe me, I think very little of Nichols but he’s the best of the bad QBs in the CFL. I suppose he doesn’t do much for the Riders in this hypothetical scenario because this really should be the time for you guys to seek out the future QB as the roster isn’t great right now and you have the luxury of time with minimal win now pressure. 

You summed it up fairly well. This why I can't see why we would have any interest in him. He doesn't offer anything we don't have. I felt and feel the same about Collaros. I was pissed about the dirty hit but better it was game one, now we can play the kids and get better. This will be Nichols last year in Winnipeg. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Realistically he should be the 4th or 5th highest paid QB as he is the 4th or 5th best QB and a tenured veteran. I don't know know what that dollar value is? Reilly and BLM are overpaid IMO

and here in lies the rub... they've set the bar for what a should be making, at least by them getting paid that much is has set the precedence... but they are overpaid, but you have  to believe that every starting QB will start with that number to back into what they think they're worth...

so basically you'll QBs that should be making $300,000 to $400,000 asking and probably getting $500,000 to $600,000...

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You summed it up fairly well. This why I can't see why we would have any interest in him. He doesn't offer anything we don't have. I felt and feel the same about Collaros. I was pissed about the dirty hit but better it was game one, now we can play the kids and get better. This will be Nichols last year in Winnipeg. 

while it's sad to say, and nobody wants to see any player get hurt, it does make for an easier transition to a new future QB.... even when they struggle you get to lean on the fact that you had no choice and fight thru them, where teams generally fight that difficult time as long as possible...

22 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Yes the "hit" was dirty but....I question if the Riders win be in the win column had Collaris stayed healthy.  My 2 cents the Riders had to move on from him and Simoni forced it to happen. I don't see Collaris winning the job back even if healthy. I believe the Riders will be a better team in the long run, in saying that though I truly do hope that Collaris has no long term affects from this.

38 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Yes the "hit" was dirty but....I question if the Riders win be in the win column had Collaris stayed healthy.  My 2 cents the Riders had to move on from him and Simoni forced it to happen. I don't see Collaris winning the job back even if healthy. I believe the Riders will be a better team in the long run, in saying that though I truly do hope that Collaris has no long term affects from this.

Agreed