3 stars + HH week3 eskynogo

wbbfan

15 hours ago, wbbfan said:

2 Jefferson. Seemed completely disinterested for a large stretch last night. Slow, giving up on plays while nevis gets in on the back end and makes plays. Un excusable. 

I thought that I was the only one who noticed it.  I am starting to see what some of the Rider fans were talking about with him.  A few plays he did a half hearted run around the QB and then he would just give up on the play.  I am hoping that Hall is watching the game film extremely closely, and getting to the bottom of this nonsense.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I thought that I was the only one who noticed it.  I am starting to see what some of the Rider fans were talking about with him.  A few plays he did a half hearted run around the QB and then he would just give up on the play.  I am hoping that Hall is watching the game film extremely closely, and getting to the bottom of this nonsense.

It was a big talking point in the chat last night, you are not alone. Late in the game he clearly turned it on too. The way we rotate linemen that shouldn't happen. 

14 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I was happy to see Lucky get two TD's, and I was not surprised that he burned a Canadian DB on that long bomb.  What I didn't understand was why we didn't exploit that match-up more.

It was about the only time he was left in one on one man coverage. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm wondering if WJ is one of those guys who needs to be on the field full time in order to be really "into the game".....some guys lose focus when they're part of a rotation.

Could be. He was alot more effective when used as a stand up pass rusher. Id like to see more of that. Create some angles for him. Maybe a package with a 30 front where richardson and thomas play 3-4 ends nevis on the nose and we use WJ as a Jack linebacker. 

I hated and know many a player who hated, and under performed in a rotation...and in my opinion it's not worth the time or effort to continually do it over and over..and over...Guys aren't that gassed or need that many breaks and if/when they do...well then like back in the day you let coaches know u need to sub out...I truly don't get all that rotation...pretty hard for a unit to get in a groove when they are in and out.

You play your starting 4 guys 80..85 percent of snaps if you ask me..

O-lineman aren't rotated constantly in a game..over and over and over...and if they were your run game would blow and QB wouldn't know wtf was going on or get in any rhythm as well...and O-line is way more taxing than d-line over the course of a drive..so this nonesense they need to do it to keep guys fresh etc..etc...etc...is a load of crap if you ask me...and if guys are getting bagged out playing 3-4 snaps in a row then don't roster them...cause thats a pathetic pro athlete

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, Booch said:

...and if guys are getting bagged out playing 3-4 snaps in a row then don't roster them...cause thats a pathetic pro athlete

When it was suggested to Milt Stegall that the Edmonton receivers were gassed Milt would have none of it. "Well then get in shape" he said. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

...and if guys are getting bagged out playing 3-4 snaps in a row then don't roster them...cause thats a pathetic pro athlete

When it was suggested to Milt Stegall that the Edmonton receivers were gassed Milt would have none of it. "Well then get in shape" he said. 

8 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Notice how Maas did not get that upset with the R.T.P. penalties the Esks took last week against Reilly maybe because they were ahead in the game.  He became infuriated last night when they took a few costly shots at Nichols and quickly put a stop to it.

I think Jason Maas sees himself as the Al Davis of the CFL, pushing the boundry of tough/dirty.

14 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Nope. You just just have the most selective memory possible.

You love your 300 yard games 

Nope and I'm going to give up again because you just won't listen to anything other than the voices in your own head.

18 hours ago, Booch said:

I hated and know many a player who hated, and under performed in a rotation...and in my opinion it's not worth the time or effort to continually do it over and over..and over...Guys aren't that gassed or need that many breaks and if/when they do...well then like back in the day you let coaches know u need to sub out...I truly don't get all that rotation...pretty hard for a unit to get in a groove when they are in and out.

You play your starting 4 guys 80..85 percent of snaps if you ask me..

O-lineman aren't rotated constantly in a game..over and over and over...and if they were your run game would blow and QB wouldn't know wtf was going on or get in any rhythm as well...and O-line is way more taxing than d-line over the course of a drive..so this nonesense they need to do it to keep guys fresh etc..etc...etc...is a load of crap if you ask me...and if guys are getting bagged out playing 3-4 snaps in a row then don't roster them...cause thats a pathetic pro athlete

It's more of an advantage for the pass rushers, they should have more in the tank than the OL and therefore be more effective.

I can't see any of these guys having an attitude about playing in a rotation, everyone does now and even down to younger ages.

I watch Jefferson and just see a freak who's not really a defensive player.  He has no technique aside from using his length and speed rush to try to beat tackles around the edge, he's always trying for the ball, which leads to spectacular plays he can make, but down after down he just kind of floats through the game.  Once the ball crosses the LOS or leaves the QB's hand he just stops moving.  Meanwhile Nevis is 8 yards downfield tackling receivers.  I think maybe he needs to make a big play to get fired up and then they'll come in bunches. 

I agree with the post about letting Jefferson play more of a "wide 9" type of OLB that you see in American 3-4 schemes.  On a passing down have him behind a 3 man front take a look at the protection and pick which edge he's going to rush from, behind either Jeffcoat or Roh.

30 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I know we're all gushing over Lucky's big game but thought it was worth mentioning he was also the player that made the tackles on the Chris Matthews interception and the 1st of two fumbles by Harris. The guy just doesn't give up on the play...

No question he plays hungry. That possibility of returning to the NFL as a gazillionaire is a pretty big carrot.

Thing is tho..he will be 28..29 when he can try again..and dont believe he has PR eligibility as well would be above minimum wage too..so his window most likely is effectively closed...unless he puts up some insane crazy stats up here and in that event it's good for us.

He may garner top end WR up here..be happy with that and  being a mega star big fish in small pond and just stay...he seems legit happy and enjoying football again

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Thing is tho..he will be 28..29 when he can try again..and dont believe he has PR eligibility as well would be above minimum wage too..so his window most likely is effectively closed...unless he puts up some insane crazy stats up here and in that event it's good for us.

He may garner top end WR up here..be happy with that and  being a mega star big fish in small pond and just stay...he seems legit happy and enjoying football again

Well, he will need a lot of salary to support his couturier and buy all that hair dye.