3 stars + HH week3 eskynogo

wbbfan

1 Lucky. His amazing plays to score won the game.

2 Nevis. Mashed up the middle and was even running down plays from behind.

3 Kick cover teams. Lots of guys with hard hits, and great coverage.

HH Nelson running down field on kick cover from the back side and laying a big hit. Great game on teams from him.

Honorable mention to hecht for some big hits and causing late aligator arms. 

Edited by wbbfan

My top guy for this one ...

Lucky Whitehead hands down, 2 TD says all

2. Winston Rose - replaced Chris Randle already

3. Jackson Jeffcoat, best job upfront by far

Goats:

Chandler Fenner - awful

Andrew Harris - while he scored one TD, he had a bad game with those two fumbles

Lapolice - called some good plays with Whitehead and Demski, but called his old play not to lose ones again too

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

HH to Dunigan for having the balls to stick to his assertion that Adams should have high pointed the ball, even after the replay showed his head was being removed from his shoulders at the time.

CTE is no joke take it easy on dunigan hes fragile. 🤣

Its been close a few times for naming dogs of the game. Even though we won, it was such a mess and this team should expect more then just being a good regular season team so here it is. 

1 Fenner. Victimized early and often. I swear half the drives happened on second down conversions against fenner. 

2 Jefferson. Seemed completely disinterested for a large stretch last night. Slow, giving up on plays while nevis gets in on the back end and makes plays. Un excusable. 

3 Nichols. Some awful decisions, really seemed rattled by pressure, and just not a lot of good passes. 2 maybe 3. Plop splits this spot with some awful play calls and slow adjustments. 

play calling might have been better if the Bombers actually executed on first down in the later stages of the game. Oh well. The good guys won. A number of the low points were from guys having unusually poor games so it doesn't concern me too much at this point. Basically what tonight showed me is that even if a few key guys have bad games, as a unit this team is still strong enough to compete with the other top teams in the league.

Edited by ediger

We won the game and I guess that is all you can ask for. With that said wonder how many more we can win like that....TOP huge disparity, bad play calling when we needed it most, way too many yards against and only by the fact Edmonton receivers started dropping balls did we survive, and the old standard Nichols who seems lost at times (holds onto the ball too long, thinks he is a scrambler and some bad decisions throwing). Hope that isn’t a sign of pressure getting to him. Lastly ball distribution....7 to lucky a couple to demski one to Peterson one to Adams? Personally your most reliable Wol....(sorry for spelling) 0? 

End result we won but not sure how many more playing like that

1. Lucky - 2 TDs. Faster than fast. Cuts so deep, the Edmonton backs need stitches. 

2. Jeffcoat - I feel like the entire line was pushing hard all night long. Harris felt the pressure, that's for sure. 

3. Cover team - they kept everything in front of them and didn't take bad penalties. In mid-season form this week. 

HH to Justin Medlock he hit one bad one punt but then has made that sidewinder kick really work for him. When he hits it perfect its really hard to return. Got to give him credit he has become one of the best directional punters in the league. Has come so far from when he first got here in that aspect of his game.

1. Lucky - The two biggest plays of the game
  2. Demski - Big play #3
  3. Jeffcoat - Had to go with someone on the DL.

HH - The Challenge refs back at head office for getting the PI right after the challenge and getting the catch and fumble wrong after Edmonton's challenge.

8 hours ago, ediger said:

play calling might have been better if the Bombers actually executed on first down in the later stages of the game. Oh well. The good guys won. A number of the low points were from guys having unusually poor games so it doesn't concern me too much at this point. Basically what tonight showed me is that even if a few key guys have bad games, as a unit this team is still strong enough to compete with the other top teams in the league.

You have some good points. Bad play and play call work in sync together. 

And yeah a lot of the guys who played poorly tonight are guys you expect to lead the team. Here is hoping they play better next game.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Good teams win games that they have no business winning. How many times in the past 10 years has Calgary played really crappy and won the game. The Bombers at the moment have so much talent on this roster that they can overcome poor play.

Idr calgary winning many like last night. Also we should have won that game easily. Its not like the team played poor in all aspects and eeked one out. We had a good lead for most of the game and then tried our best to choke at the end.