GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg June 27, 2019

Rich

11 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

A coach already did. Didn't Nichols sit for Reilly even though they were winning?

Reilly was the starting quarterback to begin the season but he got hurt and Nichols took over. Nichols came out of the game after a disastrous first half in his seventh start and never got back on the field before being traded. Yes he had a winning record but the situations aren't really the same at all.

5 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I'd bet on Edmonton over Hamilton right now.

Hamilton worries me because Masoli is capable of bad meltdowns and I don’t trust Steinauer but Edmonton has very little talent outside of the offensive and defensive lines. Their receivers were exposed last game and the secondary is poor. Plus Maas lead teams will always lack discipline. 

Edited by AKAChip

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

No coach in the world is sitting his starting QB when he is 2-0.

If he's holding the team back they sure would.

Thing is, haven't seen enough this year to know if we're getting the bad Nichols from 2018 or the decent Nichols from 2017.  Game 1 vs BC looked pretty good, put together some drives.  But Game 2 vs Esks showed all the same tendencies as the sub-par Nichols of 2018. It's not time to panic, but Bombers brass should be concerned and ready to give Strev the reigns soonish if Nichols continues to be unable to move the football in a sustained  way. 

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Okay who would you trade Nichols for off of a CFL roster? Has to be another qb. Give us your take on that?

I think you should have added “a QB we could actually get” because on the face of it, there is nobody..

4 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Even against a mediocre team like the Esks, it took a ton of fortunate circumstances to win that game. 

Mediocre? 

Fortunate circumstances? Its football. 

And some of those ‘stances that we had were created by the the circumstances we were put in and the team stepped up.

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

I think you should have added “a QB we could actually get” because on the face of it, there is nobody..

Mediocre? 

Fortunate circumstances? Its football. 

And some of those ‘stances that we had were created by the the circumstances we were put in and the team stepped up.

No matter how good a defence plays, it’s fortunate to allow 7 field goals and no TDs. It’s also fortunate to have roughly 100 less penalty yards than your opponent, no matter how poorly coached they are. 

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

No matter how good a defence plays, it’s fortunate to allow 7 field goals and no TDs. It’s also fortunate to have roughly 100 less penalty yards than your opponent, no matter how poorly coached they are. 

Discipline. Game planning. Outstanding 3 yard line stance. It’s not fortunate to ‘hold’ a team to FGs. Both teams could be seen as fortunate. That’s sports isn’t it?

Just now, Mr Dee said:

Discipline. Game planning. Outstanding 3 yard line stance. It’s not fortunate to ‘hold’ a team to FGs. Both teams could be seen as fortunate. That’s sports isn’t it?

I mean, you’re spouting cliches and not really saying anything but sure. I’m not sure how you can argue against the fact that when you’re outgained, outpossessed and lose the turnover battle by two and still win that you were the beneficiary of a lot of good fortune. 

22 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I mean, you’re spouting cliches and not really saying anything but sure. I’m not sure how you can argue against the fact that when you’re outgained, outpossessed and lose the turnover battle by two and still win that you were the beneficiary of a lot of good fortune. 

Cliche scmiche. 

Again, that is football. It’s not the first time a team gets ‘outed’ and win, but you still have to have done something to ‘out’score the opposition. Consider a pass, here and there, that Edmonton was fortunate we didn’t connect on. 

And we were even on TOs because we caused turnover on downs, and those count.

44 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Bombers D have given up 1 TD in 2 games... 

Its not lucky... They are very good. 

Id say the O scoring 28 was more to do with "Lucky"  

The defence is great, but even the best defences in league history will generally allow at least one TD a game. Especially given the starting field position Edmonton had for much of the second half. 

4 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Geez, chip, just a few of your posts a short while ago you offered, in the context of replacing Nichols, “what’s the worse that could happen?”. Now your accusing Mr. Dee of cliches and you are on record as writing cliches galour.  Not only are both of your statements cliches, but fallacy’s as well. I use to like your posts. Just thought I’d point that out and by all means post whatever you are so inclined. 

9 hours ago, Doublezero said:

If he's holding the team back they sure would.

Thing is, haven't seen enough this year to know if we're getting the bad Nichols from 2018 or the decent Nichols from 2017.  Game 1 vs BC looked pretty good, put together some drives.  But Game 2 vs Esks showed all the same tendencies as the sub-par Nichols of 2018. It's not time to panic, but Bombers brass should be concerned and ready to give Strev the reigns soonish if Nichols continues to be unable to move the football in a sustained  way. 

You realize your talking about Mike O'Shea, right?

16 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Geez, chip, just a few of your posts a short while ago you offered, in the context of replacing Nichols, “what’s the worse that could happen?”. Now your accusing Mr. Dee of cliches and you are on record as writing cliches galour.  Not only are both of your statements cliches, but fallacy’s as well. I use to like your posts. Just thought I’d point that out and by all means post whatever you are so inclined. 

You can like me again when Nichols is gone, I guess. See you then. 

16 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Mike Reilly runs for his life on basically every play. And that is a guy who deserves the benefit of the doubt. He’s had more than one great season two years ago. 

When were those great seasons? Last year when he and his team missed the playoffs? Or the start of this win less year? When's the last time Reilly played well and won a game? Can anyone remember?

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

When were those great seasons? Last year when he and his team missed the playoffs? Or the start of this win less year? When's the last time Reilly played well and won a game? Can anyone remember?

He has two MOPs. You can argue with me on my stance on Nichols, or about any topic really. This is a free forum. But are you suggesting that Reilly isn’t one of the truly great players in this league and hasn’t been for some time? 

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

He has two MOPs. You can argue with me on my stance on Nichols, or about any topic really. This is a free forum. But are you suggesting that Reilly isn’t one of the truly great players in this league and hasn’t been for some time? 

I think hes been great. And had great seasons. I dont consider missing the playoffs or not winning a game 3 weeks into the year great. Thats fine if you do. Maybe I just have higher standards....

What has he done this year to be considered great? Right now, hes making more money than anyone else and is win less. Is that good value? Sure it's a team game, and he should get let off for the play of his Defense. But at what point do we say Reilly isnt the player he used to be? Hes played with bad Olines and worse receivers and won. Hes not the guy who won MOPs. Defenses have figured him out, take away the deep ball and your chances of winning go way up.

He has been great, until he actually wins a game, I dont consider him great today.

16 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think hes been great. And had great seasons. I dont consider missing the playoffs or not winning a game 3 weeks into the year great. Thats fine if you do. Maybe I just have higher standards....

What has he done this year to be considered great? Right now, hes making more money than anyone else and is win less. Is that good value? Sure it's a team game, and he should get let off for the play of his Defense. But at what point do we say Reilly isnt the player he used to be? Hes played with bad Olines and worse receivers and won. Hes not the guy who won MOPs. Defenses have figured him out, take away the deep ball and your chances of winning go way up.

He has been great, until he actually wins a game, I dont consider him great today.

You're confusing wins with how well a QB plays.

Reilly was 36/42, 85.7%  for 354 yards with 2 TD's and 0 Ints last night. That's great QBing.