GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg June 27, 2019

Rich

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

On point #1, this might be where Demski becomes crucial leaking out of the backfield as a swing pass option so they can't spy on Harris all game. Also, pitch outs and sweeps  for running plays outside the tackles would be good. Nice to establish inside runs, but spread it out to keep them from loading the box.

As also mentioned, penalties and turnovers. Edmonton was awfully undisciplined against the Lions last week, and were also against the Als - we need to take advantage of the free plays they give us. I see the Eskimos keeping the refs busy picking their laundry up off the turf tonight

With Lapo we don't ever need to worry about the team not testing the perimeters of a defense. If Edmonton wants to try just going balls out after the qb again like they were able to against BC it won't end well for them. I don't think their linebackers are good enough to handle the Lapo short passing offense.

Harris will rush for 130+ yards with 1 TD.

Adams will have over 100 yards receiving and 1 TD.

Demski will have 1 TD

Big boy streveler will have a breakout package off a 2nd and short or 3rd and short and set us up in the Red Zone.

The defense will have 3 sacks, and 2 interceptions. 

Do-or-die will be pretty wasted on Gin.

And the boys in blue will add 2 points to the standings and send a message to those shitbags in SSK. 

:)

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

With Lapo we don't ever need to worry about the team not testing the perimeters of a defense. If Edmonton wants to try just going balls out after the qb again like they were able to against BC it won't end well for them. I don't think their linebackers are good enough to handle the Lapo short passing offense.

Agreed. I see the Esks' linebackers as the weakest part of their defence.

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's funny because the criticism we've all had of Lapo in the past is his tendency to not draw up enough plays based around stretching the defense vertically.

49 minutes ago, jazzsax said:

Harris will rush for 130+ yards with 1 TD.

Adams will have over 100 yards receiving and 1 TD.

Demski will have 1 TD

Big boy streveler will have a breakout package off a 2nd and short or 3rd and short and set us up in the Red Zone.

The defense will have 3 sacks, and 2 interceptions. 

Do-or-die will be pretty wasted on Gin.

And the boys in blue will add 2 points to the standings and send a message to those shitbags in SSK. 

:)

Pretty sure Chris Matthews and Drew Wolitarsky are on the roster tonight. I think they’ll have a bone to pick with your post, in the best possible way. GO BLUE!

23 minutes ago, O2L said:

Pretty sure Chris Matthews and Drew Wolitarsky are on the roster tonight. I think they’ll have a bone to pick with your post, in the best possible way. GO BLUE!

More power to them. The beauty of them both being on the roster and in the game means someone is gonna be open. Can't double cover all the big playmakers and someone has to score. :)