Esks vs Bombers Depth Charts

Jpan85

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'd like to see Lawler in instead of Whitehead personally. But I like it either way.

I like Lawler too and I hope he gets another opportunity.  But Whitehead just being on the field is going to make the defense move.  Probably a better complement to the rest of our starting receivers, none of which are burners (still fairly fast though).

Good looking depth chart..Whitehead is the obvious choice right now over Lawler with Matthews back..but we need to involve him and utilze what he can do, or else whats the point of him being in the lineup.

I like the addition of Rios...he looked good and has size and also has been worked at Sam and all the backfield spots, so with him, Fenner, Gaitor and Alexander we have a lot of back field flexibility

I'm no expert... but I'm wondering if dressing Nelson and Whitehead is a little redundant... they bring similar skill sets and whoever is returning kicks could be used as a "gadget" player on offense... that said, if we can get Whitehead in space and utilize his skills... he brings a lot to the table...

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

I'm no expert... but I'm wondering if dressing Nelson and Whitehead is a little redundant... they bring similar skill sets and whoever is returning kicks could be used as a "gadget" player on offense... that said, if we can get Whitehead in space and utilize his skills... he brings a lot to the table...

But if Nelson struggles on returns, who replaces him? Demski, I guess. 

13 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Lawler though skill set and body type wise would be redundant as well with Adams..Woli and Matthews..so I guess it's a pick your poison type of situation...I wouldn't want to have Demski relied on for returns if our dedicated returner went down...risk of injury and ball security if you ask me

Whitehead also offers that super unknown right now and a huge threat to defenses...so we need to try and groom that. 

2 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

I noticed Matthew's is at Slot and Adam's is WR. Wasn't Matthew's lining up at WR during training camp or did I miss something?

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on what they are classified as on the depth chart..Lapo moves guys all over, and part of the key to our schemes is all the guys are to know, and have plays made from multiple positions...

5 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

I noticed Matthew's is at Slot and Adam's is WR. Wasn't Matthew's lining up at WR during training camp or did I miss something?

I was thinking the exact same thing but they obviously loved what they saw from Wolitarsky at WR against BC. Mathews at slot could make for a matchup issue vs Edmonton.

Edited by Nolby

I would rather have Lawler and Whitehead on the line-up. But to think we are talking about options for a 5th receiver and a DI is a heck of difference from last year. 

Should they 6-gamer Neufeld to get some SMS savings there. Looks like he will not be in any time soon. And our young OL, seems to be fine. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Lapo loves to have a speed guy. He thinks being fast is all that matters for a deep threat. 

Great looking depth chart. The only thing that would make it better to me is seeing Petermann replace Demski AKA - Dropski AKA - Tiptheballtoadefenderforaninterceptionski as the starter. It may not be the popular opinion but it certainly is mine. Demski can be effective don't get me wrong but he makes me nervous every time the ball goes his way. 

3 minutes ago, Firekid said:

Great looking depth chart. The only thing that would make it better to me is seeing Petermann replace Demski AKA - Dropski AKA - Tiptheballtoadefenderforaninterceptionski as the starter. It may not be the popular opinion but it certainly is mine. Demski can be effective don't get me wrong but he makes me nervous every time the ball goes his way. 

Tarski and Tiptheballtoadefenderforaninterceptionski? Doesn't work. Needs a new nickname. Work harder. 

Edited by JCon
Silly typo

and probably a major factor in why we didn't invest money in him..as we would have been well aware of his injury/rehab/issues

Wilson I think will be the better all around player anyway

Also if this line plays well again tonight...then it's obvious they are going to be okay, so leave Neuf on the 6 game for the whole duration and save some cash and see what's up with Ackie..offer him some solid coin and that depth for us would do wonders

Edited by Booch

Dave Campbell @Dave_CHED

OL Jacob Ruby is on the 1-game injured list so the #Eskimos will flip ratio at LG with Travis Bond. Ripple effect is a ratio-flip at safety with Jordan Hoover starting. LB Jovan Santos-Knox has been moved from the 1-game inj. list to the 6-game inj. list. #CFL