Free Agency

Floyd

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/winnipeg-jets/work-just-beginning-for-jets-draft-complete-page-turns-back-to-roster-building

Myers sounds like he'll get $6m+

Chiarot and Tanev possibly $3-4m

Team is going to look pretty different next year...

And I wouldn't pay Myers over $5M. 

And I wouldn't pay Chiarot over $2.5M

And I wouldn't pay Tanev over $2M. 

It's going to look different. Kind of exciting because last year's crew didn't look so hot after December. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Don't forget, last year they "let guys walk" and then re-upped them for less than their qualifying price would have been. A sneaky, smart move....Chevy may pull it again.

Tight market for D this year 

would think beaulieu is worth 1.4 especially if it means you can buyout kulikov

heard van is considering 7-8 million for Myers... yikes

22 minutes ago, do or die said:

Heard Nucks are willing to go up to 7.5 on Myers.  Plumb crazy.

Well, power to Myers if he can land that contract. Maybe Vancouver spending that much on him means that they can't afford Tanev as well, and we have a better shot at retaining him. Now with Beaulieu and Morrow as UFAs, I suspect we make a bigger push to keep Chariot.

Is gets so infuriating to see GMs sweat the salary cap and make giveaway trades at the draft (the Marleau-and-a-first-rounder-for-a-sixth-rounder trade being the most egregious example) to open up cap space, and then go and do stupid things like throw $7.5 million at a Tyler Myers, 7 x $7 million at Kevin Hayes, 8 x $11.5 million at Erik Karlsson, or 8 x $9 million at Jeff Skinner a week later in the great free agency arms race. No wonder an RFA like Trouba can hold out, then dictate terms and teams of a trade where the Jets get pennies on the dollar, or why a Morrissey, Laine, or Connor would opt to sign a bridge deal. GMs can't get out of their own way and control costs.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

50 minutes ago, do or die said:

Heard Nucks are willing to go up to 7.5 on Myers.  Plumb crazy.

Predicting staggered 7.5, 6.x, 5.x, 4.x.

Course you know what will happen if he signs for that. I'll ***** about how we let him go for nothing when we could have traded him at the deadline :@

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Tight market for D this year 

would think beaulieu is worth 1.4 especially if it means you can buyout kulikov

heard van is considering 7-8 million for Myers... yikes

The qualifying offer for Beaulieu would have been 2.4. I'm not sure if he is worth quite that much. Maybe.

11 minutes ago, Atomic said:

The qualifying offer for Beaulieu would have been 2.4. I'm not sure if he is worth quite that much. Maybe.

One would hope you could sign Chiarot for 2.5 - 3.     And if that is what he signs for, Beaulieu should be half that.    Then again in a world where Myers may get  $8M and Hayes gets $7M, I have no clue what salaries are or should be anymore.