CFL Week 2 Takeaways

Zontar

OK you plagiarist, not a bad start but I'm going to one up it and hit the jackpot

1. Us Bomber fans don't give props to the Riders, nor our we in the business of giving them pointers.  But I'll tip my hat to Fajardo, not bad.  The defense we heard so much about ... Not so much.

2. Dominique Davis says screw numbers.  All that matters are W's and L's, which at the moment are 2 and 0

3. Not how you start, but how you finish says T. Harris in Edmonton.  And a clean pocket for the QB matters.

4. Devon Claybrooks ... You got some learning to do.  Rookie coaches make mistakes, but here's a few pointers.  Might want to mention something about run plays, screens, draws, RPOs, misdirections, end arounds or a little something something to your boy Jairius, I mean, gotta look out for MR700k now.

5. No Tasker, no problem in Steel town.  But Masoli had better like challenges because they are coming.

6. Toronto ... We have a problem ... No make that catastrophic chaos to end all chaos in the league.  Franklin the ultimate successor to Ray .... Not so much, and Captain excuse making Corey must be thrown overboard off the ship as the players have sent the message they give him no effort and hate his guts for dividing the house against each other, and he is 100℅ at fault for all the **** on the field and has blamed everyone but himself.  Disgraceful!!

Sunderland has silenced a lot of critics... while having 7-8 starters injured... Ellingson was worth the $$

Hamilton showing that draft picks can play right away

What happened to Noel Thorpe...  hardly recognize his D

Passing AND running the ball is important

Coaching continuity seems to be important too

Don't overpay for interior OL

Popp may be HC by Labour Day... 

Hamilton and Ottawa have already made the playoffs

Gable v. Andrew Harris could be the race to watch this year

One of BC and Calgary will be winless heading into Week 4

Somehow Sask is not the worst team in the league

Sean Thomas Erlington emerging as a starting rb and a NI one to boot.

Edmonton looks better on both sides of the ball (especially D) than many including myself thought.

Is MR on the decline?

Toronto, Montreal and the Riders all look like pretty bad teams.

Hamilton is clearly the best in the East (I know its not saying much)

Dom Davis may be better than we thought.

Toronto a complete team effort on that loss. They still suck. Hamilton top 3 team for sure.

Sask will continue to suck until they can win. Being close in a game like that doesn't exactly mean much. Ottawa has beaten Calgary and Sask. Last year that would mean you are probably a top team. I am just not sure yet. 

Edmonton went full risk reward playing pass rush and BC couldn't respond. Fell behind and didn't want to run the ball. Their oline is not good. Edmonton is a veteran team that will be fighting for a top spot in the west

Really hard to gauge after 2 weeks where teams are at... but just look at the standings.. That is the team you are right now

49 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

CFL  Week 2  Takeaways?

Is it possible to take away the sight of that Hamilton dismantling of Toronto game?

Like any train wreck, and that's what it was, I found there was a morbid fascination with the game, not the least of which was watching poor Ricky Ray and his daughter. Just brutal.

24 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The fans are staying away from games by the tens of thousands & the CFL brass seem oblivious to it. They are excited about the increase in viewership in Romania, though.

Not just  CFL that has reduced attendance people would rather stay at home and watch than go to games theses days.

4 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Not just  CFL that has reduced attendance people would rather stay at home and watch than go to games theses days.

Entertainment dollars getting very dear these days with people struggling to put food on the table.

26 minutes ago, J5V said:

Entertainment dollars getting very dear these days with people struggling to put food on the table.

I'd have to agree. Prices on everything seem to be going up and up including cable bills (Bell etc.) which funds the multi- million dollar athletes in the big leagues. That, and the fact that a lot of young people don't watch much live sports anymore.

3 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

I'd have to agree. Prices on everything seem to be going up and up including cable bills (Bell etc.) which funds the multi- million dollar athletes in the big leagues. That, and the fact that a lot of young people don't watch much live sports anymore.

Yeah true. Shocking what a $100 worth of food looks like now. 

One more thing... TSN's coverage sucks. Spent 20 minutes hanging off every word that Ricky Ray said, while the game went on in the background, often in a split screen so we could watch Ricky Ray. Too much yammering about Hotdogs, Burgers and drinking from a shoe. Tell me about the freaking game. Tell me which players are coming in and going out. You know actual football stuff.