Next Up ... Edmonton here

9 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

As long as Gray keeps doing what he's oing, nothing against Neufeld at all, but he can take all the time he needs to rest up. Kudos to Walters for having this team in a position that despite off season losses and injury, that it's still next man up and not skip a beat.

It's almost like Walters knows what he's doing, because I heard that losing three all-stars was going to be the most devastating thing to happen since the Hindenburg.

9 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

My only concern on this next game is our secondary. They cant play the same way they did in BC or else Ellingson will have a feast.

Yeah Im concerned a bit about our defense.  Our defense is predicated on having all the money up in the front 7. We will get a lot of pressure but against a quick timing offense like this you have to have good coverage early on in the play so I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.  Key is to chew clock on offense and score points and keep the Edmonton offense on the sidelines and put them in a position to have to press. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Perfect said:

As long as Gray keeps doing what he's oing, nothing against Neufeld at all, but he can take all the time he needs to rest up. Kudos to Walters for having this team in a position that despite off season losses and injury, that it's still next man up and not skip a beat.

I used to think it was all about having the very best players at as many positions as possible. You're right, Walters has done a good job of keeping quality AND quantity at a high level. The CFL season is a war of attrition.

The difference in this game for me will be Bighill, Jefferson, and Hecht along with that front seven. Yes Harris will complete some passes, that's a given with a Richie Hall defense, but he's also going to know the meaning of pressure. The Shmoes ain't faced nothin' like what they're going to have to deal with on Thursday night. 

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Is he back this week?

Darrin Bauming, TSN. on Twitter: "Positives — Chris Matthews is practicing for the first time in nearly a month, repping with the 1s at practice, but we’re also seeing the Week 1 starting receiver group work with Nichols/Harris/OL1. We will monitor him closely ahead of Thursday. #Bombers" / Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/DarrinBauming/status/1142844277451579397

Here's a few more thoughts coming into this game.  It's a long season I know, and as always you have to get hot at the right time, and we got a ton of football to go before anything is decided.  BUT ....

1. I really feel like this game is potentially our platform game to make a run for the west title.  We win this game, we'll be one up already on the Esks who so far seem like the only contender in the West, although I suppose I can't ever count the Stamps out.  But still ... the cards certainly appear to be stacking that way.

2. We need to take it cuz the boat men have zero ... zilch ... nada chance of winning in Regina

3. If we can do it, I like the way our schedule is setup heading into August, which will be when the race for the West heats up 100 degrees hotter.  We don't play another West team until Aug 8 against the Stamps.

Next few games will be the RedBlacks twice, Argos twice and TiCats once.  The RedBlacks' luck is going to run out, oh yes it's going run out and I'm willing to bet the house it will happen in either TD Place or IGF.  Either way, their first loss will come against us, book it.  No reason why we shouldn't sweep Toronto.  Only game that has me worried is July 26 in THF.  That one I'd probably have to pencil in as an L just given our recent struggles with the black and gold.

But I say, let's get this win Thursday so that we'll be 6-1, or 5-2 minimum once the West War gets cranked up in August.  That ... Is where the real fun begins.

3 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Here's a few more thoughts coming into this game.  It's a long season I know, and as always you have to get hot at the right time, and we got a ton of football to go before anything is decided.  BUT ....

1. I really feel like this game is potentially our platform game to make a run for the west title.  We win this game, we'll be one up already on the Esks who so far seem like the only contender in the West, although I suppose I can't ever count the Stamps out.  But still ... the cards certainly appear to be stacking that way.

2. We need to take it cuz the boat men have zero ... zilch ... nada chance of winning in Regina

3. If we can do it, I like the way our schedule is setup heading into August, which will be when the race for the West heats up 100 degrees hotter.  We don't play another West team until Aug 8 against the Stamps.

Next few games will be the RedBlacks twice, Argos twice and TiCats once.  The RedBlacks' luck is going to run out, oh yes it's going run out and I'm willing to bet the house it will happen in either TD Place or IGF.  Either way, their first loss will come against us, book it.  No reason why we shouldn't sweep Toronto.  Only game that has me worried is July 26 in THF.  That one I'd probably have to pencil in as an L just given our recent struggles with the black and gold.

But I say, let's get this win Thursday so that we'll be 6-1, or 5-2 minimum once the West War gets cranked up in August.  That ... Is where the real fun begins.

Argos are going to beat Sask by a field goal...

Trevor Harris is very streaky.  When he is on, he is very good.  We need to keep him out of rhythm.  I am not sure that our pass rush is as good as it should be.  This could be a key game for the final standings or it could be just another 2 points for one of the teams.  

I think the Bombers are good and I think the Eskimos are good.  But this early in the schedule, we really don't know who anybody is.