Lions @ Eskimos

15 minutes ago, do or die said:

Now there are people on this board, and elsewhere that know more about this stuff that I.      But I simply don't understand.

You pay a QB 700K, then run a playbook than looks like it is about a 3rd of a page long - no screens, draws or checkoffs. 
Receivers keep running 40 yards down the field, while Reilly tries to hold the ball, deep in the pocket with no pass pro. 
You bring in Chung at 300K, who's forte is run blocking - but you don't run the ball

Yes the Lions have some other problems....but no idea what Jackson is doing here.

You know I just realized something ...

Is Marcel Bellefeuille still the WR's coach in BC?

I get that he wouldn't call the plays, but perhaps Jairius Jackson is going to him for advice?

I mean, what BC has done these last two games is eerily similar to what MB ran here.  Now I do give it a 50/50 problem between Reilly and Jackson because this is Reilly's problem, he's an all or nothing QB.  But these lack of draws/short passes/screens/whatever else needed to counteract pressure have MB written all over them.

If JJ isn't currently listening to him, he sure looks like he attended his school.

Was that the same Chungh on that sieve of an O line?....It's a wonder that Reilly made it out of there alive...He was pounded severely and just about broke his neck on one play, where he tried to run up the middle...B.C.  is bad and the transition that Claybrook's is going to have to make seems a long way off....Betcha Chungh would like to do a re-think on hs fa move right about now...Leo's in for a very tough year by the looks of it

Yes, we did not lay a beating on BC like Edmonton did last night, but it was the first real game of the year, and our parts were still meshing. The next game against the Esks should tell us a lot about the Bomber O-line and the Esks' D-line. I still hold that the Esks' O-line is highly suspect and vulnerable.

13 minutes ago, Zontar said:

How soon does ClayBrooks crooked ball cap shtick go from fun and endearing to lame and annoying ? Dare say it started last night.

It started the moment he started it......guy looks ridiculous. I remember playing high school fastball, and there was another team's pitcher that was doing some stupid **** like that, and the ump got in his face and made him straighten it. He goes to wear it with the brim backwards (straight, but backwards) and the ump says "no....you wear it like a normal human" and made him wear it the proper way. Like seriously...I don't give a **** about your "style".....smarten up and show a little bit of respect. It's a little thing, I know, but wear your GD hat properly or don't wear a hat at all...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

It started the moment he started it......guy looks ridiculous. I remember playing high school fastball, and there was another team's pitcher that was doing some stupid **** like that, and the ump got in his face and made him straighten it. He goes to wear it with the brim backwards (straight, but backwards) and the ump says "no....you wear it like a normal human" and made him wear it the proper way. Like seriously...I don't give a **** about your "style".....smarten up and show a little bit of respect. It's a little thing, I know, but wear your GD hat properly or don't wear a hat at all...

If the Lions were playing well, he could wear mukluks and a tutu, but he looks as silly as his team.

BC's OL was beaten up last night and it started on the first play. Jackson needs to go back to OC 101. When a team is blitzing and smacking your QB around, screen, draw, quick hitters. Run the ball outside and inside and stop handing it off deep, cuz that's just another way to let their DL take shots in the back field.

I thought that player safety, especially for QB's, was supposed to be the focus this year. Why did BC have to use both their challenges on obvious roughing penalties? Couldn't the eye in the sky call them if the refs on the field didn't like they did after BC ran out of challenges? BTW: What turns a 15 into a 25 yard penalty?

Edmonton owned the Lions in all facets of the game last night from the 2nd quarter on. BC's only TD came directly from Eskimos penalties. Reilly took more hits than a pinata. I thought he might have been concussed early in the game. Camera showed him breathing very hard on the sidelines well after he got there. Looked like he might lose his cookies to me. Why'd they leave him in at the end of the game?

Gotta say I didn't think Edmonton would do much this year, but their looking very dangerous early in the season.

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

That ump sounds like a real winner. 

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This is a weird rant lol 

Especially in baseball where pitchers do actually tilt their hats to shield the sun in certain situations 

But also in real life 

Calm down grandpa

;)

42 minutes ago, Noeller said:

But what about MOS wearing shorts?  For me it's no different than DC's hat.  If it starts affecting wins and losses, then I'll care, but until then, to each their own.

Looks like BC will relieve Sask of last place this year.

Crowd only 24,O16 and 5O-5O a mere $55,4O7 payout. But no thunderstorm as forecast and Eskimos lead 39-23 with six minutes to go on Mike Reilly return night.

Also, Edmonton was missing multiple starters on D.

Will Mike Reilly last?

11 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I've noticed both weeks that Claybrooks seems to stop coaching  mid-way through the 3rd Q and kind of shuts down......much like his team.

He better fix that or I don't see him lasting past the mid point of the season. In fairness, what is he supposed to do? He's not stupid. He can see he's out-manned and doesn't have the players needed to win. There's no magic wand you can wave to make mediocre players great ones. I feel bad for him. Like Chris Jones in Sask, Wally left the cupboard bare. 

P S. It doesn't help that they blew their load on 2 players.

Edited by J5V

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

mildly concerned that we *only* beat BC by as much as we did, whereas Edm made them look much worse......so Edm is that much better than us...?? I know it doesn't work that way, but that's where my head's at right now. Hope we can spank the Esks anyhow.....

In our game with BC we thoroughly outplayed them yet didn't have Chris Matthews. That would be like taking Ellingson away from Harris in this game. The score flattered BC in our game and O'Shea's not the type of coach to run up the score. Can't say the same for Dumbo and the hissy fits he throws on the sidelines. I'll be looking for him to have a meltdown when he has to play a good team like us. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

He claims that's the way a hat sits on his head naturally, as in a malformed skull or something.