Lions @ Eskimos

9 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

BC is a very poorly coached football team, and easily rattled as a whole. No depth at any particular position, a weak o-line, awful play calling. When your starting running back has 12 carries combined in the first two weeks....you have a lot of problems.

I've noticed both weeks that Claybrooks seems to stop coaching  mid-way through the 3rd Q and kind of shuts down......much like his team.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

mildly concerned that we *only* beat BC by as much as we did, whereas Edm made them look much worse......so Edm is that much better than us...?? I know it doesn't work that way, but that's where my head's at right now. Hope we can spank the Esks anyhow.....

Geeze. Rough looking teams league wide this year.

BC sucks this year

Riders aren't even a CFL team.

Montreal, Toronto are likely going to be awful.

Hamilton and Ottawa will be okay out east, but both teams hardly seem like world beaters.

Edmonton, Winnipeg and Calgary are the only legitimately good teams this year?

Edited by Dr Zaius

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

mildly concerned that we *only* beat BC by as much as we did, whereas Edm made them look much worse......so Edm is that much better than us...?? I know it doesn't work that way, but that's where my head's at right now. Hope we can spank the Esks anyhow.....

I'm sure a week of game film helps. The Bombers looked a bit rusty on the road last week, too.

In any case, next week should be a good test for the home team.

6 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Our D-line that bad? or is Shmoes d-line that good?

I think it was more just a bad night for the Lions. I don't think they look very good, but they should be better than last night showed. Eskimos only had two sacks against the Als. I don't think their ol is that much better than BCs. Like Speedflex said, I think BC ol gave up.

Weird couple weeks so far. Both teams in the Friday night game looked completely different than their first games. 

Now there are people on this board, and elsewhere that know more about this stuff that I.      But I simply don't understand.

You pay a QB 700K, then run a playbook than looks like it is about a 3rd of a page long - no screens, draws or checkoffs. 
Receivers keep running 40 yards down the field, while Reilly tries to hold the ball, deep in the pocket with no pass pro. 
You bring in Chung at 300K, who's forte is run blocking - but you don't run the ball

Yes the Lions have some other problems....but no idea what Jackson is doing here.

Few things from last night. Predictable as always, take away the deep ball on Reilly and he becomes useless. He gave up himself with about 8 minutes left in the game. That sack where he was wrapped up low but still standing was pathetic. Play was still going and he was complaining to the refs....with the ball in his hand still.

Edm had a week to game plan and film on BC. They should be thanking Wpg for the game plan :)

I disagree Carter gave up on the routes...ok maybe that deep one on the goaline...but basically every deep ball was thrown well behind or over his head/route. Saying that you could see him check out and start pouting.

run the ******* ball bc!!!