I feel like we won the grey cup

jazzsax

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

With Chris Jones gone & replaced by Craig Dickenson it's harder to hate the Riders now. Craig is one of the nice guys in the CFL. The Rider fanbase are still morons though.

As nice as Craig is he is not a HC. Looks completely lost on the sidelines, almost a shell of his former self and we are only 2 games in to the season...

There's no fan base more deserving of being garbage for a long time than the Riders. I don't ever recall any fanbase becoming so insufferable in my lifetime as they did, with such limited success. 

That being said there's a lot of work to be done before we can all collectively stroke each other. 

yeah...but hasn't he been coaching in the league for what now..pushing 20 years, doesn't take a lot to know the game..intricacies..in game situ type calls/adjustment...that's a poor excuse really for any new HC other than one like say Mike Sherman who had zero canadian football experience whatsoever

45 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...but hasn't he been coaching in the league for what now..pushing 20 years, doesn't take a lot to know the game..intricacies..in game situ type calls/adjustment...that's a poor excuse really for any new HC other than one like say Mike Sherman who had zero Canadian football experience whatsoever

Dickenson is probably a good example of the Peter Principle.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I don't wanna get too cocky and chirp too much because I'm a big believer in karma, but man, what I wouldn't give for us to be the new "unbeatable" Stamps, and for the Riders to be a totally shitbag all year...

they would be writing folk songs about this year for decades to come...

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

With Chris Jones gone & replaced by Craig Dickenson it's harder to hate the Riders now. Craig is one of the nice guys in the CFL. The Rider fanbase are still morons though.

This, at least the man doesn't try to bend or break the rules with the roster ratio the way his predecessor did, and he certainly is much less toxic in his attitude towards the players.  But I don't think he has quite the IT factor that O'Shea has or the scheming ingenuity that his brother in Calgary does.

As to feeling like we won the Grey Cup ... Well I'm not ever going to get that feeling until the job's done.  Too much football left to play.  BUT ... If there was a year where the path looked just right to get it, this would be it.

13 hours ago, White Out said:

There's no fan base more deserving of being garbage for a long time than the Riders. I don't ever recall any fanbase becoming so insufferable in my lifetime as they did, with such limited success. 

That being said there's a lot of work to be done before we can all collectively stroke each other. 

Yeah, the day Roy Shivers showed up as GM in late 1999 he changed the culture & made the fanbase what it is today.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, the day Roy Shivers showed up as GM in late 1999 he changed the culture & made the fanbase what it is today.

Disagree. He found a parade and got in front of it. What he did do is bring in a lot of felons.

On 2019-06-22 at 10:55 AM, Tracker said:

Disagree. He found a parade and got in front of it. What he did do is bring in a lot of felons.

This, a fan culture always predates the arrival of players, coaches and GMs.  Just that it's more visible when their team is winning, or at least the arrogance factor that is.