Riders @ RedBlacks

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Dickenson doesn't look overwhelmed to me,  frustrated more so from what I saw.   Claybrooks looked overwhelmed and in over his head IMO. 

Dickenson is older & been a part of different coaching staffs so he's been exposed to different coaching styles & philosophies. In fairness to Craig, if a lot of coaches lost their staring qb after just 3 plays into the opening season & had virtually inexperienced rookies to replace him they'd look lost or frustrated too.  Dickenson knows how to coach football. He just needs more time.  O'Day has to get him decent players.

As far as Claybrooks goes, he's only coached with one team  for a short time so he's pretty inexperienced. I think he may be a bit overrated. Huff recruited & signed a lot of great defensive players like Ciante Evans, Micah Johnson, J'Gared Davis  & Alex Singleton. Any defensive coach would be a genius with the players he had on D with the Stamps. He doesn't have those players anymore. He doesn't have Huff for guidance & to offer advice. He's on his own with an impatient GM in Hervey probably wondering if he made a mistake hiring him. In Claybrooks case, we're going to see awfully fast if the organization made The Man in Calgary or if he's capable of coaching a winner in BC with the players he has.  I'll be honest with you, I think his inexperience will be his undoing. That he wasn't quite ready for Prime Time. There's quite the step up from DC to HC.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

As much as I hate the Riders I actually think they are going to be ok. I actually thought Fajardo was a great prospect when he showed up in Toronto and I've never understood why he can't stick anywhere. I think he's going to end up as their starter for all the remaining games and they make the playoffs over BC.

11 minutes ago, Atomic said:

As much as I hate the Riders I actually think they are going to be ok. I actually thought Fajardo was a great prospect when he showed up in Toronto and I've never understood why he can't stick anywhere. I think he's going to end up as their starter for all the remaining games and they make the playoffs over BC.

You either need to take way more medication, or if you're already taking lots of medication, then take less because, this ain't RiderFans.

23 hours ago, Floyd said:

All these coaches will get two years to show something 

only guy on the hot seat is Chamblin because Popp will jump in for half a season

I definitely think Dickenson gets that.  Khari definitely should get that, but if I were him I'd feel a hell of a lot safer if old backstabbing fake consequences man Kavis got kicked out of there first.  He's proven he cannot be trusted.

With BC and Claybrooks, well, there's just no telling.  It'd make sense to give him that same timetable, but now that Buono is out and the Lions have a bunch of wildcards running the show now, I got no clue.  I'd doubt anyone is completely safe there, but if Braley is smart, he'll realize he had better avoid making moves that could turn Vancouver into another Montreal.

Only way Chamblin is safe is if he can get a win on the board before Labor Day.  Betting that won't happen.