Riders @ RedBlacks

Awful defence by both teams. Davis showed poise and some nice throws into a tight window. I'm a fan and thought we made a mistake letting him go. Lankford had a surprisingly good game but I don't want him back because, generally, he's not very good.  We kept Randle around for two seasons longer than we should have - he started to fade in the latter half of 2016. Henry should be disciplined by the CFL for putting his shoulder into a player who was out of the playing area out of control and in a position where he couldn't defend himself.

Game raised more questions than it answered.

SSK saving grace, their defense , gets royally lit up, coaching or over rated personnel, or does TSN have a star in Davis ?

OTT defense makes Fajardo look like a super star.  Or has TSN hit the QB hype jackpot ?

1 minute ago, Zontar said:

now. Game raised more questions than it answered.

SSK saving grace, their defense , gets royally lit up, coaching or over rated personnel, or does TSN have a star in Davis ?

OTT defense makes Fajardo look like a super star.  Or has TSN hit the QB hype jackpot ?

With Suitor you never know. 

0-2...hot mess for sure...zero depth and inflated offensive numbers...really for both teams due to piss poor defenses though Davis did show some nice touch.

That close to 500k for 2 dlinemen is sure paying off..said all along Johnson would be a non factor with no supporting cast..and that 180k Evan's is slow and useless too.

Fartado had what I expected will happen this yr..one to two games like that where you think they would win (but that true defense showed up so no win)..he'll have one to 2 with less than 150 yards and multiple picks..and a bunch with middle of road stats.. and field goals..rider faithfull will get false hope with this game..but I bet it's a one off...and if not for Chris Randle they would have got smoked..I see why bomber management cut him loose.

Toronto has a way better defense and next week I bet they shut the riders right down and Walker and Green go off on those weak dbs who are getting no pressure from up front..

Interesting game though..i thought Ottawa defense would be better with all the returnees. And riders vaunted defense? Gimme a break...

57 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Marshall had perfect position every time 

--Glen Suitor🙄

Not far from the truth honestly. The ball was placed perfectly and Rhymes was definitely using his wingspan to gain space, whether you deem that legal or not. 

19 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Not far from the truth honestly. The ball was placed perfectly and Rhymes was definitely using his wingspan to gain space, whether you deem that legal or not. 

Ever had one of those days when it seems like it’s right..but it’s not? To me, that was Marshall. I’d have to watch that game again, but Marshall’s positioning wasn’t the problem. I’d say it was more Bust-out Rhymes who created the problem for him. And a couple of real nice laid out passes from Davis. Can’t really see Rhymes having a great game like that again soon..

I think Marshall is way overrated anyway..got some gift picks last yr one of which ..or was it 2 resulting in a pick 6...and that got Rider Nation singing the second coming of Rod Hill.

He is a converted QB for gawds sake and gets beat more often then not on double moves and pump fakes...the early success was worst thing to happen to him as he now thinks he can do it every time and teams have the 411 on his play now...wasn't he the one burned in the Hammer too on the BANKS score...and cutting that Butler for Means...yeah that was well thought out...

8 hours ago, Zontar said:

Game raised more questions than it answered.

I didn’t get to see the game but Rider fans were crowing about their defence prior to the season and after the Hamilton game.  Sure looks like a terrible performance from them against questionable QB talent.  I’d be a little worried if I were a Rider fan.