Nissan Power Rankings

16 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Defence is definitely the strength of this team. There is only one way to lead in touchdowns while having low yardage totals and that is from a defence and special teams that continually gives you short fields to work with.

It's also due to our ridiculous completion percentage... We only have 9 field goals attempted to 19 TD... the next closest team is 12 field goals attempted to 14 TD's (I think EVERYBODY else has more field goals than TD's)

We simply aren't driving the field and then kicking field goals... we either don't move the ball much or we put it in the endzone. 

Edited by BomberfanMKS

17 minutes ago, Atomic said:

True. But the defence is the strengthiest.

I might argue that the special teams are just as key... but that is what sets Winnipeg apart from everyone else so far this year.... all facets are doing their jobs. Special teams are winning the field position battle, d isn't giving up many majors and the offense is putting the ball in the endzone. 

Sounds like a winning formula to me.

Just now, 17to85 said:

I might argue that the special teams are just as key... but that is what sets Winnipeg apart from everyone else so far this year.... all facets are doing their jobs. Special teams are winning the field position battle, d isn't giving up many majors and the offense is putting the ball in the endzone. 

Sounds like a winning formula to me.

everything-is-awesome.jpg

The defense is really good.. You can't really argue that especially since Big hill is out and even with Fenner we are shutting teams down. 

Special teams is providing exceptional kick coverage while also opening large lanes for our returners and they are racking up yards putting starting us out at midfield. 

The offence isn't getting the yards that the 300 club pines for.  Perhaps this is more because we are starting off from mid-field or in their end on kick offs and punts.  Maybes it becuase we score early on single large plays and then run the ball?

Regardless of where you view the strength / weakness of the team, i think you have to say that all three facets of the team and strong and working hard and contributing to the wins. 

I'm sure we will loose a game soon, but i its nice having breathing room early in the season vs trying to catchup. 

34 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Where is the stat guy.... when is the last time the Bombers started a season 6 - 0 ?

Just so you know how this will work, until the Bombers are going for their 11th straight win from the start of the season, the answer will always be 1960.  Are you from Saskatchewan?

On 2019-07-23 at 1:33 PM, Adrenaline_x said:

The defense is really good.. You can't really argue that especially since Big hill is out and even with Fenner we are shutting teams down. 

Special teams is providing exceptional kick coverage while also opening large lanes for our returners and they are racking up yards putting starting us out at midfield. 

The offence isn't getting the yards that the 300 club pines for.  Perhaps this is more because we are starting off from mid-field or in their end on kick offs and punts.  Maybes it becuase we score early on single large plays and then run the ball?

Regardless of where you view the strength / weakness of the team, i think you have to say that all three facets of the team and strong and working hard and contributing to the wins. 

I'm sure we will loose a game soon, but i its nice having breathing room early in the season vs trying to catchup. 

As long as we don't lose to the shitheads, I mean riders, we are good. 

Calling this season a 14-4. First in the West and road to the cup in Calgary!

7 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Just so you know how this will work, until the Bombers are going for their 11th straight win from the start of the season, the answer will always be 1960.  Are you from Saskatchewan?

The TV guy didn't show up yet. And the radio guy forgot the radio. 

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

a little tidbit that's been talked about ad nauseum for the last two weeks...

Ah.... the ad nauseum must have made me sub- consciously ignore those responses and posts..... so many lame jokes in here many times things get skipped over