CFL Week 1 Takeaways

3 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Agree. Don't expect Nichols to throw on the 300's. Bombers bread and butter is the run game. 

Well, more like it's just what I like to call a balanced attack, plus Lapolice likes working those draw plays in to sort of function like a short pass.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

I wonder what the opposition is going to do once Mathews hits the field......Nichols will butcher them IF they want to stack the box continually to defense Harris...I would say we're in a nice spot to be in

So long as Lapolice keeps calling the play action like he did Saturday night and doesn't get in the way of this.

I still recall being one win from hosting a playoff game or missing the playoffs entirely under Mike Kelly. I had faith on tap, back in those days... I believed in my core Kelly was a misunderstood genius who could lead us to the cup. I must have been crazier than he was.

Just now, MOBomberFan said:

I still recall being one win from hosting a playoff game or missing the playoffs entirely under Mike Kelly. I had faith on tap, back in those days... I believed in my core Kelly was a misunderstood genius who could lead us to the cup. I must have been crazier than he was.

yeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhh I'd say so..........I knew by mid-summer that he was a psycho and we were in trouble.

Just now, Noeller said:

yeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhh I'd say so..........I knew by mid-summer that he was a psycho and we were in trouble.

Ha! I just believed so hard! Thank goodness I'm cynical beyond measure now. It is hard to believe it's been a decade since The Professor.

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

Michael Bishop also had me believing too.  That guy could play so well and crap so bed so spectacularly in the same drive.  Just such a difference from where we are today.