3 stars plus HH

wbbfan

1. Matt Nichols - As always, respectable and unlike his counterpart - no turnovers.

2. Wolitarsky - 2 TDs and was clutch when he needed to be.

3. Hecht - 2 picks that were massive.

HH - Brandon Alexander for the heads-up play to flip the ball to Fenner on the convert block - it was only 2 points, but I think that really changed momentum.

1 minute ago, Mike#2 said:

Hecht -  All the posters  saying how he sucks and jones is better sure look dumb after tonight.   :)  

Jones played great tonight as well. He just didn't make the big plays. Hecht has the best game of his career though. Even minus the picks if we get that performance out of the s spot each game it'll be fantastic. 

1 - Hecht.  2 picks and removing Carter as a factor in the game.

2 - Harris and the O-line.  For a new group, that some here said would be a step down from previous years, they opened some big holes and Harris took full advantage.  Nastiness doesn't seem to be lacking either.

3 Exume.  Looked very good on ST when it looked like that could be an area of concern.

HH - Woli with the 2 Td's

Just now, Sard said:

Didnt think the reffing was too bad, but I counted 3 calls that Rod Black guessed wrong, two of which were pretty bloody obvious that he was going to be wrong. 

The spearing not called, hit on Nichols was fine but the body slam follow through was not, no holding calls when jj was getting mauled. Poor pi calls and a lot of border line calls imo. 

Yeah the pbp was critically terrible

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

All 3 stars plus HH to Hecht for giving so many posters here an aneurysm. There is nothing I love more than posters with zero knowledge being shown up badly. Attaboy, JH... 

Some pretty strong (wrong) opinions expressed on a few players, (Wilson being another).

There's a video interview with Hecht somewhere, probably Bombers site.

He does not come across as a guy who gives a **** what anyone says or thinks about him, outside of his teammates and coachs.

the centre sure must have done a good job, calling the O line signals, they played great. Nastiness intact.

I thought Nichols played really well, 45 yard pass to Adams was perfect, but (opposite of B.C.), it was really was a team win, the whole team gets three stars for me.

Edited by Mark F

1. Harris - If Lapo was smarter, hed have had 5 or 6 more carries and prob closer to 200 rushing

2. Hecht - he had 2 picks and a chicken wing. 

3. Ill go Geoff Gray and the OL - opened holes for 33, Nichols got hit once maybe twice. Gray in particular seemed to have been pissing Lions players off so that's fun. 

HH - Exume. For a late round pick drafted for his sp teams play.. Yeah kid was a beast.