Ehlers on the block

Floyd

His numbers are vastly inflated by his (still very good) PP production. But his scoring and level of play significantly dipped by the end of the season. He will be 34 next season and his defence, which was never particularly good, became laughably bad by the end of last season. Forgive me if I don't want to pay a premium for whatever he becomes at age 34-38.

7 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

His numbers are vastly inflated by his (still very good) PP production. But his scoring and level of play significantly dipped by the end of the season. He will be 34 next season and his defence, which was never particularly good, became laughably bad by the end of last season. Forgive me if I don't want to pay a premium for whatever he becomes at age 34-38.

Everyone's level of play significantly dipped by the end of the season.

I don't think it will happen, but I will go to my grace certain that it's the right call. There are many reasons to be significantly concerned about the future of this team with Wheeler and Byfuglien at the tail end of their effectiveness and no one who can specifically replace what either of them do. This is a winger heavy team, with almost all of their high end prospects also being wingers. Not exactly a recipe for long term success.

As far as the Wheeler issue goes, of course we can't say for sure what he will be over the next few years. It's just hard to not sound the alarm after seeing his play in the last half of last season considering his age. I recognize that the nature of professional sport is you pay a player for their past performance rather than what they will contribute in the future but it doesn't make it particularly intelligent.

You get hosed on a Trouba deal so the follow-up move is dealing you’re best possession forward? That forward who’s signed for 1/2 of eternity at a reasonable cap hit? That forward who’s best friends with Laine? 

Christ almighty. Can we confirm the Kevin Cheveldayoff of 2011-2018 is still in fact employed by the Jets?? 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Pop said:

You get hosed on a Trouba deal so the follow-up move is dealing you’re best possession forward? That forward who’s signed for 1/2 of eternity at a reasonable cap hit? That forward who’s best friends with Laine? 

Christ almighty. Can we confirm the Kevin Cheveldayoff of 2011-2018 is still in fact employed by the Jets?? 

Hosed? 

27 minutes ago, JCon said:

Hosed? 

I understand not trading for several players in order to save money...  it would of been nice had they at least received another 3rd / 4th round pick …..  it does feel like we got rid of Trouba for nothing since Hayes is no longer with us.