Ottawa @ Calgary

Just in case anyone is watching, although it is right before ours too so, the bad and the ugly will be on TV right before the good and the best play.

Anyway, for all the Montreal bashers downing on a team who at least made last night's game entertaining (for me anyways), no you'll see what an actual dumpster fire looks like today.  The RedBlacks are just that.

I could be wrong, but I'm going to say this game will pretty much be in the books by halftime.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

RedBlacks have a way of staying close to the Stamps, even when they're not playing well.

Stamps win, of course, but RedBlacks will still be in it in the 4th, I think. 

Dude this is not the same old RedBlacks team we been seeing over the past few years.  You replace stud starters like T Harris, Ellingson, Powell and Spencer with D. Davis, Jennings, Lankford and Holley ... They're going to get killed and we all know it.

9 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Dude this is not the same old RedBlacks team we been seeing over the past few years.  You replace stud starters like T Harris, Ellingson, Powell and Spencer with D. Davis, Jennings, Lankford and Holley ... They're going to get killed and we all know it.

Jennings makes it close in the second half. 

37 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Calgary is a completely different team than last year - huge downgrades at several positions...  Huff really relying on scouting homeruns...

Not sold on Greenwood at MLB at all - he'll be hurt by Game 4

I certainly expect Calgary's defense to be noticeably more vulnerable when they play against their level of competition which would be us and BC.  But against the RedBlacks ... I don't think so.

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

If he can't even beat out Dominique Davis for a starting job, how the hell is he going to make this game close?

Adams couldn't beat out Pipkin(!) and he made it close. 

You don't think Jennings can find a little bit of magic to give the RedBlacks fans hope? (Only to be crushed next week when he plays like himself again.) 

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

Calgary is a completely different team than last year - huge downgrades at several positions...  Huff really relying on scouting homeruns...

Not sold on Greenwood at MLB at all - he'll be hurt by Game 4

When healthy Greenwood is a good Linebacker.  He is going to have a very good year.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

He hasn’t played a full season in his entire career

I doubt the Stamps expect him to play a full season this year either. IMO, they're expecting Greenwood to hold down the fort until Singleton comes back from the NFL.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Not to mention claybrooks 

Which is why I and most others have said the race for the West is very much open between 3 teams this year, and why we think the Bombers can and should be expected to win it along with the Grey Cup.

I expect CGY's losses on defense to show as their level of competition picks up and they play against teams like us with good QBing (despite what one poster says about Nichols) and playmakers.  Ottawa has neither, and their garbage offense roster with pretty much no talent outside of Sinopli pretty much neutralizes CGY's losses tonight.

Bottom line is the Stampeders winning big tonight says much less about them and how good they are than it does about how far Ottawa has fallen.  I predict a full regime change comes there at the end of this season.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Doesn't.  Just an issue because the league rushed the initiative to get female officials on the field and it's already paying off.  Ambrosie's nickname should be Midas.

That’s a fair point that everything Ambrosie does seems to be rushed and half baked. Still, there are plenty of crappy male refs in this league.