Bombers @ Lions GDT!!!!!!!Finally!!!

Nolby

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I was surprised that Hecht didn't get a taunting penalty there. I expect that Carter's been told not to react overtly to any slight because the refs are watching him.

Carter may have been told that, but I doubt he would actually listen.  Of course, it is week one, and there's a lot more weed yet to smoke.

On 2019-06-17 at 11:54 AM, TBURGESS said:

As one of 'those people', I call BS.  Both QB's played well. Nichols performance didn't win us the game and Reilly's performance didn't lose them the game.

It's funny you see no difference in 3-0 to 1-2. Tells me exactly what I need to know about your level of competence.

On 2019-06-17 at 11:54 AM, TBURGESS said:

As one of 'those people', I call BS.  Both QB's played well. Nichols performance didn't win us the game and Reilly's performance didn't lose them the game.

I’ll give you a million dollars if you can find me a post of yours saying Nichols played well when he produced 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions.

8 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

I would argue that Nichols won us the game more then anything else.  He was accurate, and threw for 3 TDs.  

he Barely missed Mr Whitehead by a foot?

My biggest take away from the game is that we went deep multiple times with great success.

My biggest take away from your post was that your avatar triggered my 2009 PTSD...

22 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

E n I g m a - that’s how you spell Carter.

H e s I t a t I o n - that’s how you spell no respect.

It’s football. That ball was catchable. The hit was inevitable. Everybody’s was watching.

S e r I o u s l y - nobody will take Carter seriously unless he himself does.

Another team, another opportunity. This was going to be the team. This was going to be the QB.

Mr Carter, Mr Carter. I’ve got my 👁 on you, but it looks like I don’t know how to spell - last chance.

If DC did that in a Bomber Uniform- I would have cursed him. He has issues- he always has. But, to Be fair though- DC is absolutely wonderful to the fans and is ALWAYS willing to go all out for the fan experience. I totally respect him for that. I wouldn't want him to change anything about himself.

I hope one day he climbs out of his dad's shadow and Just be ok with being best DC that DC can be. 

He's still a big ol' ***** for letting up on that one. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

41 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

I would argue that Nichols won us the game more then anything else.  He was accurate, and threw for 3 TDs.  

My biggest take away from the game is that we went deep multiple times with great success.

That new avi is nightmare fuel.

1 hour ago, Gotmilt said:

It's funny you see no difference in 3-0 to 1-2. Tells me exactly what I need to know about your level of competence.

It's funny, that's not what I said at all. Tells me all I need to know about your reading competence. FTR: "Both QB's played well. Nichols performance didn't win us the game and Reilly's performance didn't lose them the game".

To add... The level of defence each QB played against are quite different. Switch the QB's to the other team wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome. Bombers still win.

1 hour ago, Adrenaline_x said:

17to85 and I were watching that and said "A little more Khari on that ball, and they complete it...."  

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It's funny, that's not what I said at all. Tells me all I need to know about your reading competence. FTR: "Both QB's played well. Nichols performance didn't win us the game and Reilly's performance didn't lose them the game".

To add... The level of defence each QB played against are quite different. Switch the QB's to the other team wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome. Bombers still win.

Im lost

Image result for im lost gif

11 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I completely disagree.

Nichols made the reads and scrambled on atleast the one TD after the pocket collasped and extended the play.  

Nichols put the ball where the defence wasn't.    Rielly did as well but missed recievers/open players.

22 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Im lost

Image result for im lost gif

Let me translate for you:

Both quarterbacks played good because while the Bomber qb threw three touchdowns, no interceptions and the Bombers won,  the BC qb threw two interceptions and one passing td but threw for more yards and, most importantly, he doesn't play for the Bombers,   It's simply really, once you crack the code.

Edited by WBBFanWest

39 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

He didn't play well, that's why he lost.

11 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

I completely disagree.

Nichols made the reads and scrambled on atleast the one TD after the pocket collasped and extended the play.  

Nichols put the ball where the defence wasn't.    Rielly did as well but missed recievers/open players.

Nichols made reads. Extended plays with his feet. Threw some nice deep balls. Took advantage of what they gave him. Played his best game since 2017. You get no argument from me on any of that. I said all that in my first post after the game.

Reilly threw for more yards. Threw some nice deep balls. Took advantage of what we gave him. Played an average game for him. He did it without any running game at all, against a far better defence than Nichols faced.

Anyone who actually believes that Nichols would have gone 3 TD's to 0 Int's against our defence, behind their O Line without Andrew Harris to rush for 150ish yards is fooling themselves IMO.

Me disagreeing that Reilly didn't play well has somehow morphed into people pretending that I'm saying Nichols didn't play well.

Mike... I can't remember a game where Nichols threw for 300+ yards and went 1-2 against any defence, let alone against a good defence. Maybe I'm miss remembering, but your million dollar bet isn't worth the time it took you to type it, so I'm not going to go through the stats and try to find one then cross reference that against what I typed around here.

24 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Me disagreeing that Reilly didn't play well has somehow morphed into people pretending that I'm saying Nichols didn't play well.

Maybe it's because you usually follow it up with...

Mike... I can't remember a game where Nichols threw for 300+ yards and went 1-2 against any defence, let alone against a good defence. Maybe I'm miss remembering, but your million dollar bet isn't worth the time it took you to type it, so I'm not going to go through the stats and try to find one then cross reference that against what I typed around here.

You kind of .... camouflage any praise of him with... not quite "shitting"on him... more like "sharting" on him - a good break of wind with splatters of feces- like a fecalpheliac's  homage to Jackson Pollock.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

15 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Nichols made reads. Extended plays with his feet. Threw some nice deep balls. Took advantage of what they gave him. Played his best game since 2017. You get no argument from me on any of that. I said all that in my first post after the game.

Reilly threw for more yards. Threw some nice deep balls. Took advantage of what we gave him. Played an average game for him. He did it without any running game at all, against a far better defence than Nichols faced.

Anyone who actually believes that Nichols would have gone 3 TD's to 0 Int's against our defence, behind their O Line without Andrew Harris to rush for 150ish yards is fooling themselves IMO.

love the hypotheticals, really insulates your argument because unless technology progresses to the point where alternate realities can be seen we have no way to prove your point.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I shitted on Nichols in the first quarter because he was off and missing easy throws,  but for the rest of the game how could one not say he played very well?   

It's not like BC's defense was so bad that Fajardo would of thrown those 3 tds and moved the ball with no issues?

Yup. Reasonable to assume/hope that the early misses where from rust. Probably should have gotten more reps in pre season.