Bombers @ Lions GDT!!!!!!!Finally!!!

Nolby

45 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Yes, but couldn't you say that about any player after any game?  Football is played with 24 (or 22 NFL) players on the field who make plays and who make mistakes. I'd argue Nichols had the best game of any QB this week (maybe Harris in conversation too). 

Nichols played great. Bombers played great. But Harris 100% had the best game of any QB this week. Pretty hard to argue that. 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

I would say unequivocally that Matt Nichols played a huge role in winning that game. 

Before you say Andrew Harris, I’ll say “I know, I know”,

BUT

Matt showed us the ability to scramble, turning last year’s probable 6 points (2 fgs) into 14 points. And after a bit of a slow start, he was throwing nice passes, caught, and yac yardage gained. 

It was a well called game by LaPo, but still, you have to execute.

And our QB did. After all a QB rating of 108.65 is not bad at all..

He also got smacked hard, got up and continued to play well.

3 touchdowns, ZERO turn overs, controllled the game play in the fourth and a cool 33 points scored. He did his job. He plays within his means. He doesn’t need to throw it 40 yards down the field for a 50-50 ball because the team is controlling the line of scrimmage and you know Harris is going to get his. It’s called smart play calling.

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

15 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

3 touchdowns, ZERO turn overs, controllled the game play in the fourth and a cool 33 points scored. He did his job. He plays within his means. He doesn’t need to throw it 40 yards down the field for a 50-50 ball because the team is controlling the line of scrimmage and you know Harris is going to get his. It’s called smart play calling.

Hey don't knock it. Mike Reilly has made himself millions predicated on this exact philosophy while simultaneously having the whole league in a circle jerk with his cardboard cutout in the middle.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

15 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Hey don't knock it. Mike Reilly has made himself millions predicated on this exact philosophy and simultaneously has the whole league in a circle jerk with his cardboard cutout on the middle.

Yeah, but does he have enough 50/50 type fighters in his new receiving corps? Carter chickened out of a tough catch. Burnham is definitely a fighter. 

Edited by JCon

Yup. We'll see how it turns out in BC. Ive been saying it for years, Reilly is soooo overrated. If he doesn't have the Derel Walker's and Duke Williams' of the world catching his 50/50 balls he'd be an average QB at best. Give me BLM any day.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

E n I g m a - that’s how you spell Carter.

H e s I t a t I o n - that’s how you spell no respect.

It’s football. That ball was catchable. The hit was inevitable. Everybody’s was watching.

S e r I o u s l y - nobody will take Carter seriously unless he himself does.

Another team, another opportunity. This was going to be the team. This was going to be the QB.

Mr Carter, Mr Carter. I’ve got my 👁 on you, but it looks like I don’t know how to spell - last chance.

What did I do to speedflex now lol...the season just started.  I have been away from the computer stuff, and trying to get settled in my new house.  Got the computer working now.  

Im happy for all the Bombers winning the first game,  and on the road.  Good for Nichols and every player that contributed to the win.  I hope we win 13+ games in the regular season this year.  I listened to the game on an old radio.  I have lots of reading here to do now while I relax in the bush, I better get at it. 

26 minutes ago, Brandon said:

A forgotten moment from the game was when Odell Willis and another BC player livid at Gray roughing them up for a few plays.   From the sounds of it Gray has replaced Chungh in the nasty department. 

Not only Gray, but I happened to catch Couture absolutely flatten a BC guy and then nail him while he was still on the ground.

Nasty

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Well the definition of success is winning, and Nichols has proven himself more than capable of doing that. Enjoy Fajarod as your starting qb! Your jealousy is really ugly.

Don't  you just love it when a Prider comes on here & puts down our qb when his team hasn't had a decent qb since that fat ass Durant tore his achilles?  They overpaid & signed a concussed Collaros & now their future relies on a journeyman & a raw rookie. I'm seeing a 2-16 season coming for the Riders

21 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Don't  you just love it when a Prider comes on here & puts down our qb when his team hasn't had a decent qb since that fat ass Durant tore his achilles?  They overpaid & signed a concussed Collaros & now their future relies on a journeyman & a raw rookie. I'm seeing a 2-16 season coming for the Riders

2???? Who are they going to beat? Both Bye teams?