Bombers @ Lions GDT!!!!!!!Finally!!!

Nolby

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well the definition of success is winning, and Nichols has proven himself more than capable of doing that. Enjoy Fajarod as your starting qb! Your jealousy is really ugly.

They are now pinning their hopes on a guy who was not even asked to be on our PR

To be fair, he would be their best QB even with a healthy Collaros

Edited by Geebrr

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

They are now pinning their hopes on a guy who was not even asked to be on our PR

To be fair, he would be their best QB even with a healthy Collaros

Same guy second time after not making the cut here too. They may have to go out and develop a real qb some day.

39 minutes ago, Ripper said:

He is doing great, no reason not to be super excited. If having a guy who's only job is to not f-up and hand it off to Harris is the definition of success for you, fill your boots.  

Get a grip Rip.

Fill your boots? 

Now that the Riders are in that very precarious position in the QB situation, sarcastically taking shots at a successful QB who is winning games in our system, seems petty.

But I understand, your season is already in jeopardy and deflecting is a defence mechanism. Wading in the CFL waters without a starting QB.

You only wish you had boots.

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

It would be very exciting for you guys if all the other teams don't game plan for Harris getting the ball.  Its like it was a surprise. 

Are you trying to insinuate that BC wasn't prepared for Harris to run? They of all teams understand what a weapon he is, he was theirs for years.

The key is that no matter how much a team schemes to stop Harris he finds a way to succeed. The surprise comes in when he busts past your best run blockers and stacked 7 or 8 man box...

Nichols is not a guy to just not make a mistake. Its what Lapo preaches don't turn the ball over. If Reilly and Mitchell were here he would preach the same thing. Also in the crunch at the end of the game Nichols has proven he take the ball and drive it the length of the field for a win.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Get a grip Rip.

Fill your boots? 

Now that the Riders are in that very precarious position in the QB situation, sarcastically taking shots at a successful QB who is winning games in our system, seems petty.

But I understand, your season is already in jeopardy and deflecting is a defence mechanism. Wading in the CFL waters without a starting QB.

You only wish you had boots.

I've got rubber boots.  Does that count

47 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

What is this argument even? "The only reason the Bombers won is because their good players played good".

WTF?

Exactly, the bombers won cause they are the better team. And I can guarantee the same people pumping Reilly's performance would be shitting on Nichols if he had the exact same numbers in a loss. Nichols is never good enough.

13 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Exactly, the bombers won cause they are the better team. And I can guarantee the same people pumping Reilly's performance would be shitting on Nichols if he had the exact same numbers in a loss. Nichols is never good enough.

As one of 'those people', I call BS.  Both QB's played well. Nichols performance didn't win us the game and Reilly's performance didn't lose them the game.

Edited by TBURGESS

Reilly had a bad game.

You can blame it on the team around him all you want but Nichols never got that benefit of the doubt.

Throwing for 325 yards on 40 throws is not that impressive. Especially when 1/3 came off misplays by the DBs and broken coverage on 2 throws 

I would say unequivocally that Matt Nichols played a huge role in winning that game. 

Before you say Andrew Harris, I’ll say “I know, I know”,

BUT

Matt showed us the ability to scramble, turning last year’s probable 6 points (2 fgs) into 14 points. And after a bit of a slow start, he was throwing nice passes, caught, and yac yardage gained. 

It was a well called game by LaPo, but still, you have to execute.

And our QB did. After all a QB rating of 108.65 is not bad at all..

12 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Nichols performance didn't win us the game and Reilly's performance didn't lose them the game.

Yes, but couldn't you say that about any player after any game?  Football is played with 24 (or 22 NFL) players on the field who make plays and who make mistakes. I'd argue Nichols had the best game of any QB this week (maybe Harris in conversation too).