Bombers @ Lions GDT!!!!!!!Finally!!!

Nolby

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

Rookie head coach was definitely out coached by the more experienced O'Shea.  

in his sixth year now, O'Shea is finally a veteran and I look forward to the "out-coaching" of the other teams after years of him being out-coached.  

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

Obviously everyone else chipped in. Lets be honest here and get to the heart of the matter.  Harris is a very good running back, he is even a great running back most of the time.  Rookie head coach was definitely out coached by the more experienced O'Shea.  To not be ready to load the box and shut down Harris was idiotic to say the least.  The Bombers go where Harris goes. BC has a poor defence, can't think of one player I would want on the Riders that plays with them.  So no, obviously one player didn't win it by himself. But the simple and very much expected game plan of just running the ball did the Lions in.  Claybrooks has a lot to learn yet about being a head coach, his inexperience showed last night.  The Bombers played a steady road game and simply made less mistakes than the Lions. 

Claybrooks became a head coach because, much like Chris Jones, he was a very astute defensive coach. I am sure he can prepare a competent defensive game plan. I doubt very much that he is an idiot.

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

How many 300 yard games did Reilly have?  12.  How many did Nichols have?  1.  Which team ran the ball and which team passed down field with it?  Gable got his carries in games when they were ahead. Running the ball was never their game plan.  No different than yesterday.  Genius game planning by Ritchie to be ready to shut the run down.  They only tried 4 times, I guess you scared them off. Meanwhile Reilly had no problem picking you apart for another 300 yard game.  Dam lucky for you the BC receivers dropped about 10 passes or it would have been worse. 

I still remember all those times on here and on Riderfarts that you claimed Harris was less effective in the second half of games as he was clearly gassed due to age.  You were wrong about that, as once again displayed by Harris' production in the 2nd half yesterday, as you are about Reilly's teams never running the ball.

8 hours ago, Bomberfan85 said:

Nichols threw 3 TD passes, which is 3 more than the Rider QBs combined for. If that "isn't much", I'll take not much every week. If Harker had thrown 3 TD passes, you'd be chipping in with all the others for the new statue of him outside Mosaic. I assume it would be next to the one that looks like a bunch of demons dragging a football player into the depths of hell. 

They are actually dragging the football player into the depths of Saskatchewan....which is actually worse.

6 hours ago, Ripper said:

Yup. Not good for the league.   Edm, Calgary, Sask, Winnipeg are the only places where anyone cares. and I'm not so sure about Calgary

Edmonton just had their lowest crowd in several years a couple nights ago.  Calgary only had an announced crowd of 26,000 and that's after winning the Grey Cup and in a Grey Cup hosting season no less.  Hamilton had their lowest announced crowd ever at THF too.

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Nichols was hands down better than Reilly last night. I said to Noeller right after the game that it was the best game Nichols has played in 2 years. I don't care that he had low yardage, he didn't need to put up big yards. He made the throws he had to, extended plays and was efficient in the redzone. Got help from the run game and just played efficiently. Reilly meanwhile just chucked bombs hoping for the best

Like he always does. 

2 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Edmonton just had their lowest crowd in several years a couple nights ago.  Calgary only had an announced crowd of 26,000 and that's after winning the Grey Cup and in a Grey Cup hosting season no less.  Hamilton had their lowest announced crowd ever at THF too.

Bring back orridge 😛

17 hours ago, Booch said:

No..because Collaeros wouldn't have been the difference.. and many say Nichols is a ham and Eggers.. wasnt it?

And isnt it a team game.. and about depth? Which the riders have not much of..looking forward to seeing your oline next game..

Nichols is what he is.  I'm happy for you that he fits the bill for your team.  Moderately successful. I am very supportive of Nichols having a long career with the Bombers. 

16 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

in his sixth year now, O'Shea is finally a veteran and I look forward to the "out-coaching" of the other teams after years of him being out-coached.  

It would be very exciting for you guys if all the other teams don't game plan for Harris getting the ball.  Its like it was a surprise. 

Edited by Ripper

19 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Nichols is what he is.  I'm happy for you that he fits the bill for your team.  Moderately successful. I am very supportive of Nichols having a long career with the Bombers. 

31 and 14 is a bit  more than moderately successful isn't it? Included ion there was when the team really sucked when he first started and his injury riddled last season especially the 4 game brain fart stretch

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

31 and 14 is a bit  more than moderately successful isn't it? Included ion there was when the team really sucked when he first started and his injury riddled last season especially the 4 game brain fart stretch

He is doing great, no reason not to be super excited. If having a guy who's only job is to not f-up and hand it off to Harris is the definition of success for you, fill your boots.  

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

He is doing great, no reason not to be super excited. If having a guy who's only job is to not f-up and hand it off to Harris is the definition of success for you, fill your boots.  

Sounds like the riders dream QB actually 

IT'S FUNNY listening to a Rider fan say that a QB who doesn't turn the ball over (when not wounded)..has a winning percentage over past 4 years pushing .700 and has about a 3:1 TD to INT ratio is basically only successful because he has Andrew Harris more or less, and that basically we are what we are due to that....but if the shoe was on other foot they would be erecting monuments and trumpeting "their" guy as a world beater.

Also funny that they claim they had/have the best defense when statistically it wasn't save for TD's scored and a few random categories and this year they claim they have the best RB and best RB depth as well as solid and deep O-line...yet they lost and looked like crap on offence in doing so...wouldn't logic say that a team with a better defense...better running back and deeper o-line should have won their game easily with anybody at QB just handing the ball off to Powell?...much like our inadequate QB doing here....hmmmm...seems like it should be so based on Rider logic

Edited by Booch